Laptops forum

General discussion

Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404

by tobja / March 15, 2008 1:51 AM PDT

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404 a couple of months back at a great price - unfortunately it is slower than my 12 year old pc with Win 95 on it.

I added more memory of a gig but still problems. After some research I find it takes a maximum of 2gig. I will buy more memory and replace the 512mb but does anyone know specifically which memory is best for this laptop?

Also any ideas to speed it up - such as does Vista have a way of reverting back to XP like XP has to 2000 (look wise anyway).

Thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This is not a fast PC.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2008 3:38 AM PDT

It's a Celeron value machine so it should run very slowly. Maybe 2GB will help but you still have the slow hard disk in there.

Linux might be a better idea.

Collapse -
Toshiba A135
by tobja / March 15, 2008 3:48 AM PDT
In reply to: This is not a fast PC.

I've used slow machines in the past, but this is 2008 and waiting for 90 seconds when I open up Explorer or open up an internet page doesn't sit right with me.

I've run a virus scan but the truth it was like this out of the box, and not much faster when I put another gig in.

Collapse -
Remember you have slow everythings.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2008 3:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Toshiba A135

Celeron CPU, slow hard disk, slower ram, slower video and so on. It's just a cheap value machine. Vista just compounds the problem.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?