First, "reset" the browsers in question. Don't just uninstall, then reinstall, be sure to reset them. For example, with Internet Explorer, open the Control Panel, then Internet Options, then the "Advanced" tab, then click on the "Reset" button. For procedures in "Re-setting" your other browsers, check with Google.
Next, click on the link below and follow ALL of the steps, in the order they are given.
“Expand” the post titled: "Please try this" at the link below:
Hope this helps.
I have recently started getting an error on my web browsers when attempting to access my online school website (through instructure.com) where when I log in using my username and password it processes, then results with the too many redirects / redirecting improperly error.
I have done a significant amount of troubleshooting, and now need some help. To save time I will list all that I have done:
1) cleared cookies / cache from history
2) tried 4 different web browsers (chrome, explorer, edge, & firefox)
3) tried incognito / inPrivate window
4) turned off extensions/plug-ins one by one, and all of them off at the same time, for that matter
5) updated my browsers
6) used a different internet source
7) accessed the website successfully with several different computer to make sure that it is my computer that is the problem
I just updated to the latest version of Windows 10, and that is when I noticed this starting.
Any help, or new ideas would be much appreciated.