PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Tons of Stop error problems

by Raktus / January 20, 2006 3:47 AM PST

Okay, my computer got hit by a power surge sometime back...

Replaced the memory and the motherboard

Video card is still the same old one

The Boot sector of the old Hard Drive became corrupted, installed a second one to boot off of, and can still access the old one after the new one boots.

My system layout is:

Main Circuit Board:

Board: PCCHIPS M957G 3.0
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080010 04/13/2005

Procesor:

2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Drives:

160.00 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
144.91 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

AOPEN COM5232/AAH PRO [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

HDS72258 0VLSA80 SCSI Disk Device (79.99 GB) -- drive 1
WDC WD800BB-00JHC0 [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WMAM98610039, rev 05.01C05, SMART Status: Healthy

Memory Modules:

1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

Local Drive Volumes:

d: (NTFS on drive 1) 79.98 GB 65.48 GB free
e: (NTFS on drive 0) 80.02 GB 79.43 GB free

Controllers:

Standard floppy disk controller
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
VIA Bus Master IDE Controller

Display:

RADEON 9200 SERIES [Display adapter]
RADEON 9200 SERIES - Secondary [Display adapter]
Gateway EV910 [Monitor] (17.7"vis, October 2001)

Bus Adapters

VIA SATA RAID Controller
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (4x)
VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller

I get these Stop Errors:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - TCPIP.SYS
BAD_POOL_HEADER
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I suspect the video card was burnt out and is suffering problems this is cuasing this, anyone with another idea?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tons of Stop error problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tons of Stop error problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Add this one to the error list
by Raktus / January 20, 2006 4:57 AM PST

Stop 0x50 in Win32k.sys

Collapse -
by Raktus / January 20, 2006 1:20 PM PST

ehem

Collapse -
Possible Fix?
by Falcon978 / January 20, 2006 1:35 PM PST

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - TCPIP.SYS error you experienced is most likely a cumulative error. When your system does not normally boot up, it is ALWAYS best to unplug ANY internet connection you have. The portion of this error "TCPIP.SYS" is directly related to internet access. ATI video cards try to gain internet access as soon as you turn on your computer. You normally see a VERY quick message that shows your video card name when you start your system?

Second, the ATI video card taking a dump on you is not uncommon. Recently, my ATI video card died. The drivers on these cards are VERY buggy to any type of changes to your system.

Did you recently install any new programs such as ZoneAlarm, or a new Anti Virus program?

Does your current motherboard have a VGA connection? If it does, then disconnect the monitor from the ATI card and connect it to the motherboard. If you can go into Windows, then delete ALL ATI stuff. After you have done that, then restart your system. Then go to WWW.ATI.COM and download the most current drivers. Install them and go from there.

Collapse -
Ive done that alot
by Raktus / January 20, 2006 8:52 PM PST
In reply to: Possible Fix?

but still get them

Collapse -
Done again
by Raktus / January 21, 2006 8:23 AM PST
In reply to: Ive done that alot

Still bad

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?