The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Tom & Molly! Please discuss this topic on Buzz!

by Squirrel1081 / January 23, 2008 11:49 AM PST

Gamers are once again under attack, but this time by Fox News and a psychologist named Lawrence Cooper. They blatantly attacked the game Mass Effect on XBOX360 and how it supposedly glorifies violence and nudity to kids. Anyone who actually played this game knows this isn't true.

Take a look at the news segment, which aired on Monday:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/163925.html

Electronic Arts has responded:
http://kotaku.com/348187/ea-calls-fox-out-on-insulting-mass-effect-inaccuracies

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tom & Molly! Please discuss this topic on Buzz!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tom & Molly! Please discuss this topic on Buzz!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You should tag this to del.icio.us
by rafacst / January 23, 2008 7:11 PM PST

And use the BOL tag. Monday I tagged that amazon DRM-free Mp3s with a proprietary ID3 tags and they discussed it. (Although, afterwards, I saw that Tom tagged it again).

Give it a try. Wink

Collapse -
google reader too?
by technomensch / January 28, 2008 9:42 PM PST

Is there a way to do something similar through Google Reader, with their sharing feature?

Marc K.
Coral Springs, FL

Collapse -
Fox news, pro-censroship....
by Nicholas Buenk / January 23, 2008 7:19 PM PST

Add that to the list of how they are anti-democracy.

Collapse -
I'm absolutely disgusted...
by Squirrel1081 / January 23, 2008 8:39 PM PST

...that someone was able to generate an opinion on a game they never actually played make false accusations on national television. Fox news should be ashamed. The gaming community has responded, though! Take a look at Lawrence Cooper's reviews of her book on Amazon! If she's able to say negative remarks about a game she never played, we're allowed to 1-star and give horrible reviews to a book we never read. :o)

http://www.amazon.com/Cult-Perfection-Making-Peace-Overachiever/dp/1599211793/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201178330&sr=8-1

Collapse -
Finally!
by Squirrel1081 / January 25, 2008 3:10 AM PST
Collapse -
Oh please
by surfpark / January 25, 2008 6:47 AM PST

Fox News is silly. Its a tongue-in-cheek approach to news. If they were "fair and balanced" they'd never have to say it...it would be implied. I think the people that watch Fox News are the types that really enjoy the underlying messages the network delivers and not the actual news.

Thank goodness for the freedom of the internet.

Collapse -
I agree
by mementh / January 25, 2008 8:32 AM PST
In reply to: Oh please

fox news has smeared itself and destroyed is name...

right now if i don't hear about it in the tech world (or on A Daily show with John Stweart and the Cobert Report) its not affecting me that much..

Maybe its the election bullhonkey? or the spins that i don't like.

Collapse -
Completely agree...
by Squirrel1081 / January 25, 2008 12:53 PM PST
In reply to: I agree

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!