The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Tom Molly and Veronica, whats your Job?

by rosscbrown / March 3, 2006 6:53 AM PST

You guys at CNET seem to do loads of stuff, Tom, you do videos (love the road warrior ones), real deal column, post on the Alpha Blog (I think) and you bless the podcast with your humor.

Molly, your are the Buzz Report lady, conference go-to-er and podcaster. Oh and you ahve a spot on the front door! Can't get much better than that!

And Veronica, you are producer supreme ? ac|ross| CNET Networks, not just the CNET.com brand I believe. You also talk on the podcast and really should have your name up there as a presenter!

So, I think I have got it, what else do you do?

Buzz on guys - you rock!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tom Molly and Veronica, whats your Job?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tom Molly and Veronica, whats your Job?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
weeeeell...

I prodice the First Look videos for San Francisco (my boss does the New York videos). I also edit some Insider Secrets and Editor's Choice videos.

Other than our podcast, I record the sfgate.com podcast (when CNET is featured) and recently the music.download.com podcast.

Aaaaaaand that's about it. For now.
V

Collapse -
and you have a social life
by rosscbrown / March 3, 2006 7:03 AM PST
In reply to: weeeeell...

amazin'

Collapse -
Well thanks.
by rosscbrown / March 7, 2006 5:14 AM PST

Thank you V for making a reply. Tom, Moly -I aint happy with your effort here.

LOL

Collapse -
But we're so busy working
by acedtect-20196213851867054973637995818137 / March 7, 2006 6:55 AM PST
In reply to: Well thanks.

Today I...

Had the 9:30 'huddle' in the broadband department, finished publishing a column, wrote a script for a how-to clinic video on phishing based on the column, memorized a script for the Road Warrior video, read a bunch of news stories for the podcast, read over the email for the podcasts, listened to podcast voicemails to help choose which ones make it in the show, ran over the lineup for the podcast with Molly and Veronica, started work on catching up on Editors' Choice videos, wrote the intro for the Digital Dispatch newsletter, recorded the podcast, caught up on the forums, edited the Buzz Out Loud newsletter lineup and sent to copy edit, got a burrito, watched 10 minutes of the World Basbeall Classic while re-memorizing the Road Warrior script, spent an hour driving the CNET van while recording the next Road Warrior, and responded to this post, among other things. It is now 3 p.m. The rest of the day I will probably spend finishing the how-to script, researching the next column, refining the EC video shoot schedule and such. And catching up on the forums and reading news stories for tomorrow's podcast.

Collapse -
wow
by comppsyco / March 7, 2006 10:30 AM PST

that's lots

Collapse -
Wow.
by Wendy P. / March 7, 2006 10:53 AM PST

I feel so inadequate right now. I went to 3 classes today and that's it.

Keep on keepin' on! We are so appreciative that y'all put so much time into the podcast rather than just winging it.

Collapse -
Wowy wow wow
by rtemp / March 7, 2006 10:57 AM PST

Apparently Tom does more in a day than I do in a month. Not only that, but he also manages to write the longest sentence ever about it.

-Ryan

Collapse -
LOL
by acedtect-20196213851867054973637995818137 / March 7, 2006 1:51 PM PST
In reply to: Wowy wow wow

Yesh, I realise that was a hellatious runon. Sorry about that. If Molly and V were mor eprone to runon sentences, their responses would be similar.

It always sounds worse on paper. It's actually quite fun, especially when we have people who appreciate it as much as y'all. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) We definitely do appreciate all you three do!
by barret55 / March 7, 2006 2:18 PM PST
In reply to: LOL
Collapse -
run-ons
by rtemp / March 7, 2006 2:19 PM PST
In reply to: LOL

Don't feel too bad about run-ons, especially because if I remember correctly, the Iliad (or was is the Oddysey?) is the longest run-on in history.

This has been a random fact brought to you by:

-Ryan

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?