The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Tom, are you an IL native?

by austdo / October 26, 2006 7:05 AM PDT

I heard you mention Greenville, IL... are you from there originally? I'm originally from Carlyle, about 15-20 south of Greenville. We have a lake there. Perhaps you've heard of it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tom, are you an IL native?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tom, are you an IL native?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Go Comets, Beat the Indians
by acedtect / October 26, 2006 12:06 PM PDT

Yep, I was born and raised in Greenville. Home of Carlisle Tire and Rubber. No relation to Carlyle.

My parents used to have a membership in a campground resort on Lake Carlyle. I think it was called All Seasons Resort or something. I met Jim Hart there once.

Collapse -
The Indianapolis Indians?
by RoboticUAV / October 26, 2006 12:09 PM PDT

Go Indians! Grin

Collapse -
No... the Carlyle Indians
by acedtect / October 26, 2006 12:19 PM PDT

But the Indianapolis Indians are one of the oldest most respected baseball franchises in the country. So you got that going for you.

Collapse -
camping, sailing, football, etc...
by austdo / October 27, 2006 1:13 AM PDT

I used to work at a sailing club on the lake for several years. It was right next to one of the campgrounds. I doubt it's the same campground, but still, your parents may have come to our store to buy something.

Also, I'm ashamed to admit that I had to ask about this... was this the Jim Hart that was a quarterback for the St. Louis Cardinals back in probably the 70's?

Collapse -
Uh... yeah
by acedtect / October 27, 2006 4:27 AM PDT

It was that Jim Hart.

I'm old.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.