Question

To Flip or Not to Flip...

The question I have for the awesome CNET Forum users is like many others, "what kind of camera should I buy?"

I want a pocket camcorder like a Flip. One that takes
1) good video (No need for 1080p, but up to 720 would be nice),
2) great audio (record close conversations, record in a large/busy room, and bands at loud concerts),
3) record at least a couple of hours on one battery charge,
4) and lastly, something that will be worth having for a few years.

I've looked at the Kodak Zi8, the Sanyo Xacti HD, but if you can recommend even a full fledged camcorder for <= $200 then I'm game.

Thanks for your time!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: To Flip or Not to Flip...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: To Flip or Not to Flip...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Have you read flip alternative lists like this one?link only
- Collapse -
Answer
Low light still an issue, I believe

IME with some of these small flip-like cameras the low light/indoor performance is usually of marginal quality. Great audio is another isue as well in that price range, to be perfectly honest. I would bump your budget up a little more.

CNET Forums