General discussion

To buy an extended warranty or not?

When buying a laptop, is it wise to spend the extra $200-300 on an extended warranty? Especially if I am changing from being a Windows user to a Mac user? Thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: To buy an extended warranty or not?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: To buy an extended warranty or not?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Depends on your income

If you can afford to replace it should it break then pass on the extended service. If you cant afford it then i would purchase the extended service. Especially if they are covering the battery and screen. The average person cant replace a laptop screen on their own for under $300 i would estimate.

- Collapse -
Depends on your plans.

I didn't buy it. Of course I'm not in a high income situation but it also had to do with the fact that I fully intended to replace it about a year later (which is when the warranty runs out on this one).

CNET Forums

Forum Info