Resolved Question

.TMP files, can I get rid of them safely?

I was recently looking for a file which caused a 'memory error' when shutting down PC. When I rebooted I found the file in the Windows\System32 folder. There are over 100 of them with names like SET1.TMP - SET125.TMP that are in numerical sequence.
I believe they were installed when my son recently installed and then uninstalled a game because of the 'creation date'.
My question being, Can I safely delete these .TMP files without doing any harm to my PC?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you.
Discussion is locked
not-a-clue has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: .TMP files, can I get rid of them safely?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: .TMP files, can I get rid of them safely?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Re: .TMP files

Commonly, yes, but you'd better ask the maker of the game. The worst that can happen is that he can't play the game anymore. If you delete them to the recycle bin, it's easy to undo.

Kees

- Collapse -
Thank you!

Kees_B

Thank you for your quick response to my question!

CNET Forums