Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Tips for Excel Please............. :-)

by xandra--2008 / March 11, 2004 10:56 PM PST

I'm currently trying to create a Calendar to work out the holidays at my work place, is there any way of counting formatted cells, or maybe Inserting the dates and it automatically putting it on to my calendar??? I want to be able to see at a glance what Holidays people of booked and I think this would make it easier. is this possible or am I being to ambitious??

I hope someone can help!

Thanx

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tips for Excel Please............. :-)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tips for Excel Please............. :-)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Tips for Excel Please............. :-)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 11, 2004 11:20 PM PST
Collapse -
Re:Re:Tips for Excel Please............. :-)
by xandra--2008 / March 11, 2004 11:55 PM PST

I know it's a pain in the bum, But I also have to create this Excel sheet for college. I wish I had'nt started it now!!! :-S

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Tips for Excel Please............. :-)
by Kees Bakker / March 13, 2004 8:21 PM PST

I don't understand at all what you would want to do, so I can't offer any tips at all.

Your teachers at college surely don't want you to do the impossible. And they might be able to help you about what is possible or feasible, and what's not. I'm a (part-time) teacher myself, and I can assure you most of us want the students to pass their exam and will help them if they seem to go the impossible roads.

Good luck,

Kees

Collapse -
Why use Excel? Use Word Calendar Wizard, Use Outlook, or...
by ChuckT / November 3, 2004 4:27 PM PST

Forget the very difficult task (I didn't say impossible) of trying to use Excel to create a calendar.
If you have Office, there is already a Calendar Wizard there for you to use.
There may be other ways of getting to the "New Office Document" window to see the various templates and wizards, but here is one way:
Start>All Programs>New Office Document

There select the "Other Documents" tab, and click [Open]
Answer the 3 questions and have a Calendar the way you want. It is pretty cool, and definitely easy.

!-!-!-! OR !-!-!-!
use Microsoft Outlook.
Just select the Calendar,
select File>Page Setup
select one of the various styles there (daily, weekly, monthly, etc).
That's pretty cool too.
You can setup Outlook to automatically include US Holidays, or other countries, or religions (Jewish, Islamic, Christian). (See Tools>Options, [Add Holidays]
And finally you can print an entire range of dates, a week, a month, a lot of months, even with more than one month on a page. Or how about to print small sizes, so they'll fit into your Day-Planner. Try it.

FINALLY, you could go to Microsoft Office Online. There are a number of various templates, including calendars already there for your use.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.