Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

TinyBar, eZula Top Text Source Finder

by mavaddat / November 26, 2004 12:45 PM PST

Hi guys,

I have Windows XP SP2 and a copy of Allume Internet Cleanup 4.0.

Recently, I had a major crash and had to do a clean install of my Op Sys.
Few days after installing all the software , I noticed that in the Spyware section of my Internet Cleanup it had picked up: TinyBar and eZula Top Text.

So I did a House Call at Trend Micro, but it did not pick up anything at all.
So I disabled the system restore and run another scan, but nothing was detected then either.

I then visited Computer Associates site and downloaded a copy of their Pest Patrol and also looked for their virus signatures to try and remove these spyware manually.
Neither using the Pest Control nor removing all the registry entries manually helped.

I have also used:
Lavasoft Ad-aware SE 1.05,
InterMute Spy Subtract Pro 2.60 with it?s CWShredder,
Webroot Spy Seeper
And few more.

Here is what happens:
As soon as I open IE TinyBar appears.
Sometimes eZula Top Text appears as well..
If I clean the system registry by removing their entries either manually or with Internet Cleanup, as soon as I open a new IE the toolbar on the top has been changed and gone. The only ones left are : Standard Buttons, Address bar and Links rest, which is XenoBar is closed and unticked..And TinyBar is back again.

Another thing that has happened, which I am not sure if it is related to these spyware, is that on Internet Cleanup / Manual Clean option you can open the ActiveX Controls, and if need be delete them, since the problem with the spyware, every time I click on ActiveX Cntrols to open so I can see what is in there and from whom it is, Internet Cleanup shuts down and I can not see the contents.

So obviously all of these software can detect TinyBAr and eZula Top Text and remove their registry entries BUT none of them can find the source of them and remove them once and fo all.And by the looks of it, it must have something to do with my ActiveX Contorls....

Looking forward to have someone help me to remove these pest from my PC and fix these problems, they are also slowing down the system.

Thanks in advance,
Mehran / Perth . W. Australia

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TinyBar, eZula Top Text Source Finder
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TinyBar, eZula Top Text Source Finder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: TinyBar, eZula Top Text Source Finder
by Donna Buenaventura / November 26, 2004 4:31 PM PST
Collapse -
by mavaddat / November 26, 2004 11:14 PM PST

Thanks Donna,

I downloaded and installed Spybot , Unfortunately it did not manage to remove either one of them.
I also followed the instructions as per web pages you advised, But after all that work, they both are still there.
None of the method deal with the source of the problem.

Any other advise? Please?
Mehran

Collapse -
by Donna Buenaventura / November 26, 2004 11:20 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.