HolidayBuyer's Guide

iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

General discussion

Timed profiles for the iphone

by godette1 / November 28, 2009 5:52 PM PST

Hello, does anyone know of any iphone app that offers timed profiles like nokia does?

Nokia allows you to set a profile - silent, loud etc - and give it an expiry time, which is great because many times I change my profile to silent (say during a movie) and then when the movie finishes I forget to switch back to Normal. With a timed profile, I can just set the silent profile to end when the movie ends, and then it reverts to Normal.

Is there any iphone app that does that? Thanks so much guys.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Timed profiles for the iphone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Timed profiles for the iphone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I just use the silent button on the side of the iPhone
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 28, 2009 10:36 PM PST

to do that.

There may well be an app that does it, did you search the App Store?

The problem with an app is that it takes longer to turn on the iPhone, select the app, configure the app and then put it away, than it does to just flip the one switch without even having to take the phone out of its holder.

JMO

P

Collapse -
Timed profile for iPhone
by leavellme / May 9, 2012 5:48 AM PDT

I have delayed switching to the iPhone (from my Nokia E71x) for this reason (among others). In the 2-plus years since you posted this have you found an app to do this?

Collapse -
thread closed
by birdmantd Forum moderator / May 9, 2012 9:14 AM PDT

This thread was started in 2009. Feel free to start a new thread but this one is closed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.