General discussion

Time travel caught on film?

The latest buzz, possible time traveler caught on old Charlie Chaplin film, Circus. Hey, is that a cell phone? Is it possible or a weak explanation of the weird. Do you really want to know what this is or it is another case of internet amok just on a pearl of truth. -----Willy }:

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Time travel caught on film?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Time travel caught on film?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Link?

I'm not gonna search the whole movie.

- Collapse -
Already looked it up...

If it's not a fake, that could be anything. Maybe he's got a toothache.

- Collapse -
LOL

I just gave the link, I didn't say what I thought about it.

- Collapse -
I know.
- Collapse -
maybe an ear horn?

or maybe a small purse up against her ear to cut down on the noise at the event. Could be she was shielding her eyes against the sun?

- Collapse -
Links
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=charlie+chaplin+time+traveler&fr=fp-today&cs=bz

The link above

Anyways, I agree it could be something else. But, it appears so much what a person can see today. The comments from the original poster(s) suggested or makes note that "she" is talking into or at the object in question or talking, but to whom. If she is talking then it would make the case, to another person also with a similar device. Further, the infrastructure for cell phones just weren't in place during that time. So, at best it should be considered a "walkie-talkie" type of radio communications, much like what hunters may use. If you want to follow modern interpretation of a similar object. If it was a ear horn, then no need to talk but rather listen, who is she listening to? -----Willy Happy
- Collapse -
funnel

In the clearer image, if you check carefully, there's a section where it seems the exposed part that would be over an ear had the appearance of a funnel, which would fit with some sort of ear horn device. The only place I notice lips moving is when she turns, and that looks more like an older person adjusting their dentures or smacking their lips a bit.

It could be some variant of this type of ear horn, which certainly would look like someone walking along holding a cellphone.
http://www.icollector.com/images/1598/17830/17830_0211_2_lg.jpg

What we see appears to be an older woman, trying perhaps to keep up with her husband who walked ahead of her, holding something to her ear in 1928, seemingly listening in some fashion to it or through it. Ear horn makes the the most likely explanation.

CNET Forums

Forum Info