Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Tiger Woods rescued by wife

by JP Bill / November 27, 2009 1:05 PM PST
Tiger Woods rescued by wife after late-night crash

Tiger Woods was injured early Friday when he lost control of his SUV outside his Florida mansion, and a local police chief said Woods' wife used a golf club to smash out the back window to help get him out.

Sure she did...

He was driving away from her and she threw a golf club at the SUV and broke the back window, and he crashed

The world according to Bill Devil
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tiger Woods rescued by wife
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tiger Woods rescued by wife
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
sort of an OJ reverse play
by James Denison / November 29, 2009 2:30 AM PST

Except Tiger survived.

Collapse -
No such thing as accident anymore
by James Denison / November 28, 2009 7:00 AM PST

They sure want to file charges for something, anything, don't they? Tiger and wife should clam up and have attorney do all the talking at this point since the police seem intent on finding something/anything to charge him with.

Collapse -
(NT) my story makes more sense than hers does.
by JP Bill / November 28, 2009 7:45 AM PST
Collapse -
Wagging tongues run rampant!
by Angeline Booher / November 29, 2009 12:21 AM PST

Sports reporters seem to fear the tabloids have the inside story, so they need to cover their "reputations" by joining in trying to smear Tigers.

No consideration is given to the fact that he is in no legal obligation to talk to the law. Past experiences with other notables has shown that when they have come forward there has always been the underlying gossip that they are covering up something.

Husbands and wives have fights even in the best unions. Husbands leave in the middle of the night for lots of innocent reasons, as well. pregnant wife wants blueberry ice cream, husband has a hankering for a Snickers bar, the gas tank needs filling for an early morning trip, the car needs to be moved before the sprinklers come on, can't sleep, etc.

Regardless, it seems to me that many are eager to destroy what they call his squeaky clean image molded by "his handlers", and delight in salivating over any possible tidbit to do that, I reckon that is the prce to pay for fame.

I hope he says nothing! Let them speculate tiltthe cows come hone.

Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Good article from Golf dot Com
by grimgraphix / November 29, 2009 1:58 AM PST
Collapse -
RE: or at least smash in a smaller passenger side window?
by JP Bill / November 29, 2009 2:08 AM PST

Because she was thinking before she rescued him.

It cost more to replace that window than the back window. Devil

I still think she was chasing him, swinging a golf club, and his driving was distracted by her sloppy golf swing.

AND ANY domestic violence MUST be charged?

Collapse -
that's what I thought at the time about...
by James Denison / November 29, 2009 2:31 AM PST

...OJ, but then it turned out to be true.

Collapse -
Are you serious?
by Mike_Hanks / November 29, 2009 6:23 AM PST

You don't think that the police should be investigating a possible assault by Mrs. Woods???

Collapse -
Hmmm I saw nothing in her
by Roger NC / November 29, 2009 11:34 AM PST
In reply to: Are you serious?

post about an assault.

A "fight" isn't necessarily physical. Reportedly, one police statement was released saying there was no evidence of domestic violence.

An investigation is probably normal, but the rags telling the story aren't a official investigation, they're just out to titillate and sell junk papers.

Why do you jump to the assumption of an assault by Mrs. Woods?

Collapse -
I got the impression
by James Denison / November 29, 2009 4:32 PM PST

...that she was using a golf club on Tiger and finished up with the back window.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?