General discussion

Thunderbird Font Size Problem

I use the (latest 15.0.1) Thunderbird email software.

Recently, a strange problem has started appearing while I am composing an email:

Whenever I copy/paste some words from an earlier typed portion of an email being composed, the pasted words appear in a LARGER font size so that I have to go through the annoyance of reducing back each time the font size of the pasted words.

I am not able to figure out the source of the above recent phenomenon and therefore a solution to the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Thunderbird Font Size Problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Thunderbird Font Size Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
That's how it should work. Not a bug.
- Collapse -
Thank you, Bob

Thank you, Bob, for your prompt help.

I looked up in the first link in the link which you provided an elaborate procedure which "KV5R" has described for making "paste without formatting" a default pasting option.

I newly learned that implementing "paste without formatting" is the solution to my problem, and then with that new knowledge decided to opt for the solution of using Ctrl+Shift+V --rather than Ctrl+V-- for all pastes! (I confirmed that that solution works.)

Let me add here my incidental curiosity that my described problem had commenced only a few days back; until then using Ctrl+V for pasting had never introduced the font size change problem which I had described in my previous post.

But, my above incidental curiosity apart, I obtained a solution to my problem through your helpful post, and I am happy. I keep marveling about the enormous pool of knowledge you and others like Kees at CNET Forum possess.

Thanks again, and regards.

- Collapse -
Let's hope most issues are like this one.

Sorry for heading to a solution first. I was heading out the door so I shortchanged you a little. But thought sharing the usual articles would suffice.
Bob

CNET Forums