General discussion

thunderbird 3

Why is it that Mozilla refues to to fix the font problem they have in T.B.3 and you dout this look at their forum,lots of people complaining about not being able to chang the fonts

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: thunderbird 3
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: thunderbird 3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What font problem?

What font problem would that be exactly? And for that matter, if their own forums doesn't offer up an explanation, why would you think someone here would know? A place tangentially related to Mozilla at best.

- Collapse -
T.B.3

Thanks for that it was most helpfull

- Collapse -
(NT) No problem here with my TB 3
- Collapse -
What font, where?

You have to be more specific, if any one here is to know what the heck you are talking about. I have very few problems with my Thunderbird 3.1.4

- Collapse -
T.B.3

The problem is that you cant change the font style or size

- Collapse -
Where?

Where? Message displays, composing messages, in the general UI, somewhere else? You're not exactly giving us much to go on here.

- Collapse -
(NT) I can and have changed font size
- Collapse -
Perhaps you assume too much

If you assume that by going to the "Tools>Options>Display: Formatting" that you are going to change the look of all the emails that you receive, you are wrong.

If the emails you receive are composed with HTML coding, then it is up to the specs within that email as to how it will be seen. Your changing the Fonts or Size will not change those.

What will change are the plain text emails. Those are the ones that contain no formatting info within themselves, thus, at those times, your Thunderbird Options will take effect.

If a person is sending you an HTML formatted email, they have designed the look as to how they want you to view it. It would make little sense for your Thunderbird Options to override that.

I believe it may be possible that you could set Thunderbird so that no HTML messages come through as HTML, instead all you'll see would be is the plain text, and your Font settings would then take effect. But I am not going to bother researching this and telling you how when you are not too forthcoming and telling us what it is you are talking about, for you to explain your issue, even though many of us have been asking you for details.

CNET Forums

Forum Info