Laptops forum

Question

Thought's on the ACER Aspire V3-572PG 15.6?

by Rayx81 / September 8, 2014 4:56 AM PDT

I've considering getting a new laptop lately that is decently capable to game with, I'm just wondering of anyone's thoughts about this laptop and any suggestions of how well it can actually perform. Its an ACER Aspire V3-572PG 15'6 laptop with specs of

-Intel® Core™ i5-4210U Processor (1.7 GHz, 2.7 GHz with TurboBoost, 3 MB cache)
-8 GB DRR3 (16 GB maximum installable RAM)
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M (2 GB GDDR3)

It has 1TB HDD storage space and is within my price range of £500. I just want any advice whether this is a decent enough laptop to game with or should I save up a ton and look for something else.

Thanks guys

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Thought's on the ACER Aspire V3-572PG 15.6?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Thought's on the ACER Aspire V3-572PG 15.6?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Could not find that model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 8, 2014 5:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
Only if it had that screen :(
by Rayx81 / September 8, 2014 6:03 AM PDT

That's a nearly exact model to compare it if not for the better screen, here is the model with all the product specifications
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-v3-572pg-15-6-touchscreen-laptop-silver-10011100-pdt.html
The screen is 726p which im guessing is not that great either. Yeah I know its more than unlikely to compare with a desktop as most laptops with that price range is but im not really looking for a desktop at the moment however why would it need a laptop cooling pad?

Thank you for the advice!

Collapse -
Why a cooling pad?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 8, 2014 6:13 AM PDT

Because of the video gaming. But hey, your choice to try to get by without it.

Sorry but I can't find an exact review on that model so when that happens I try for a close models. Then if the game benchmarks are missing we find the other link about the video chipset.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks!
by Rayx81 / September 8, 2014 8:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Why a cooling pad?

Haha yes I should of have thought of that its fairly obvious Silly Right now this is the best laptop I had found in my price range with ok-ish spec's, do you have any laptops that you would recommend that I should take a look at between the £500-600 that's better or comparable with the one here? it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Collapse -
The 500 clam standby model for gamers is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 8, 2014 8:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks!

That Lenovo G505 (g500?) with the AMD A10 GPU. My kid plays a lot of games on the A8 so the A10 is a step up.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.