Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

This will work.

by JP Bill / May 7, 2010 1:17 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: This will work.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: This will work.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's obvious that writer hasn't read the law....
by C1ay / May 7, 2010 1:40 PM PDT
In reply to: This will work.

Ms. SHEENA GOODYEAR of QMI Agency makes several false statements about what the new law requires...

Collapse -
"several"? she made two...
by jonah jones / May 7, 2010 6:21 PM PDT

and AFAIK, both are correct (and one at least was in effect before the new law)

Collapse -
So, tell us which ones are correct....
by EdHannigan / May 7, 2010 11:27 PM PDT

if you can.

Collapse -
I agree !!!
by Mike_Hanks / May 7, 2010 9:53 PM PDT

"The law calls on immigrants to bring their registration with them everywhere they go, and requires police to question anyone they suspect might be in the U.S. illegally."

Not true at all.

Collapse -
(NT) OK, so tell us what IS true
by jonah jones / May 7, 2010 10:43 PM PDT
In reply to: I agree !!!
Collapse -
(NT) read the law, figure it out
by Mike_Hanks / May 7, 2010 11:01 PM PDT
Collapse -
You raised the issue... you support your position !
by grimgraphix / May 7, 2010 11:23 PM PDT

It is easy enough for someone to shout "not at all true", but you could at least prove your credibility by showing why your claim is true and the other person's is false.

Of course it is so much more fun to just be vague and keep the merry-go-round spinning instead.

Collapse -
You raised the issue...
by EdHannigan / May 7, 2010 11:25 PM PDT

Not at all true.

Read the thread.

Collapse -
You deserve to be ignored today, Ed...
by grimgraphix / May 7, 2010 11:33 PM PDT

... so that is what I shall do.

Maybe tomorrow, is you start acting like a grownup instead of an argumentative child... I might deign to play with you.

Happy

Collapse -
Good work!
by EdHannigan / May 7, 2010 11:37 PM PDT

Replying to me is a great attempt at ignoring me. Hahahahaha!

Like I give a rat's rear end whether you ignore me or not. Do whatever you want, I promise not to care.

Collapse -
BTW, I was right was I not?
by EdHannigan / May 7, 2010 11:38 PM PDT

He is NOT the one who raised the issue.

Collapse -
RELike I give a rat's rear end whether you ignore me or not.
by JP Bill / May 7, 2010 11:41 PM PDT

That lasted long.

Collapse -
(NT) it's all about cogitation :)
Collapse -
(NT) read this sub-thread
by jonah jones / May 8, 2010 12:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
Do you have a point?
by EdHannigan / May 8, 2010 12:02 AM PDT
In reply to: read this sub-thread

What is it?

Collapse -
2 people "raised the issue"
by jonah jones / May 8, 2010 12:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Do you have a point?

i.e. dis-agreeing with the OP (or with something said in the article the link referred to)

1 is in this sub-thread

Collapse -
No
by EdHannigan / May 8, 2010 12:58 AM PDT

An issue can only be "raised" once. The issue had already been raised and was under discussion. The person who raised the issue was C1ay, but Grim misidentified Mike_Hanks as the person who raised the issue.

That's all.

Collapse -
(NT) I disagree!!!
by JP Bill / May 7, 2010 11:15 PM PDT
Collapse -
what ticks me off
by oldie and goody / May 8, 2010 3:24 AM PDT

is that so many people are trying to make this law about race! It is NOT just about hispanic people, IT IS ABOUT ILLEGALS, no matter what the other side try's to put out there. Of course there are enough ignorant people that will believe anything the hear that fits their agenda and will not look for the facts. Okay I ranted enough, Happy

Collapse -
how many of the est. 480,000 illegals in Arizona
by jonah jones / May 8, 2010 4:27 AM PDT
In reply to: what ticks me off

came across the border with Mexico? how many are not Hispanic?

Collapse -
LOL
by oldie and goody / May 8, 2010 4:38 AM PDT

Like anyone knows?? We do have all kinds of illegals, just like you do in Israel, can you tell me how many illegals in Israel are NOT Palestinians?

Collapse -
Re: Like anyone knows??
by jonah jones / May 8, 2010 4:50 AM PDT
In reply to: LOL

so good to see you are up on current affairs [NOT]...

and not that it makes any difference, but the vast
majority of Israels illegals are NOT Palestinian

Collapse -
Jeez
by oldie and goody / May 8, 2010 5:10 AM PDT

I was referring to the average person in who knows??? I don't keep track, do you? How many africans and asians are in Israel illegally???
You didn't specify an exact number like you expected me to do.

Collapse -
are they illegal?
by James Denison / May 8, 2010 9:43 AM PDT

are they breaking the immigration laws?

Collapse -
What difference does it make?
by EdHannigan / May 8, 2010 9:51 AM PDT

If they are all Hispanics do they deserve a free pass? What ratio of Hispanics to non-Hispanics would be required to make it acceptable to ask for their status?

Collapse -
Racial politics is a diversion on this matter
by James Denison / May 8, 2010 9:56 AM PDT

Of course you must profile and target whatever population group is closest to the criminals you are trying to remove from our society, so if most to a great degree look Hispanic, then that's where the greatest effort must be targeted. Stopping those who don't meet that profile just to satisfy the whiners and race based political groups is ridiculous and waste of resources leading to inefficiency in accomplishing the task at hand.

Collapse -
Many places...
by James Denison / May 7, 2010 10:55 PM PDT

...it's against the law to drive with a mask on, some make exceptions for Halloween time period.

Collapse -
If she can wear a burka while driving...
by James Denison / May 7, 2010 11:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Many places...

...."I can wear a monkey mask"

http://www.aolnews.com/story/driver-wears-monkey-mask-in-speed-camera/661005
"Not one of them there is a picture where you can identify the driver," said Dave Vontesmar, a flight attendant who works at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. "The ball's in their court. I sent back all these ones I got with a copy of my driver's license and said, 'It's not me. I'm not paying them.' "
But police disagree and say they've been watching him closely.
"We watched him four different times put the monkey mask on and put the giraffe-style mask on," Officer Dave Porter told AZcentral.com.
Still, Vontesmar is confident that he won't have to pay the fines, which could exceed $6,500.
"It's obviously a revenue grab," he said of the new photo-enforcement program. "They're required by law to ID the driver of the vehicle. If they can't identify the driver or the vehicle by the picture, what are they doing to identify the driver?"
Arizona police are having a hard time getting a lot of speeders to pay tickets they receive in the mail.
===========================================

Also, the bumper sticker experiment may apply here. I never put bumper stickers on my vehicles since even without knowing of this experiment I felt they drew unwanted attention from police at times. If you really want to give it a test, get one that says, "All Cops Are Pigs" and drive as usual.
http://everything2.com/title/bumper%2520sticker
I also never get vanity plates since they first came out. I did get one then in the 70's but then decided I didn't want it the next year and was stuck with it for 3 full years because that's how often you could get the plate replaced free or pay extra fee for both plate and stickers.

==============================================
The Burqa
http://www.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1044516_should-driving-while-wearing-burqas-be-illegal-how-about-helmets

Collapse -
Can't they just confiscate his car...
by grimgraphix / May 7, 2010 11:29 PM PDT

... since it is was being used in the commission of a crime on 37 separate occasions?

Collapse -
don't know
by James Denison / May 8, 2010 12:25 AM PDT

The type of crime has a bearing on whether property can be confiscated or not. In Maryland a photo ticket goes to the car owner, at least for the red light cameras. You are responsible for whomever drives your car. They also don't count for points against license, just carry a fine. Confiscation by any truthful name is called "Stealing".

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!