Speakeasy forum

General discussion

This was posted in the "Cell Phone" forum:

Best cricket phone???? Plz Help!!!

Im curious about joing criket cuz i cant go with other carriers cuz they all have contracts but i cant do that cuz im a teenager now wat im curious about is for the people that have gone with cricket wat do u think are the best phones and plans? plz reply!!!

Pretty sad, eh?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: This was posted in the "Cell Phone" forum:
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: This was posted in the "Cell Phone" forum:
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
LOL!

In reply to: This was posted in the "Cell Phone" forum:

Not too bad I have seen some abbreviate everything they post! Try figuring that out when you have no clue what half the shorthand means!

Collapse -
Abbriviate???...With today's...

In reply to: LOL!

...educational system, that's the best he can do. He said "a teenager"...yeah, 'bout 19 years old.

By the way, Sue, how's the temperature been out in you neck of the woods?...LOL. Is your A/C workin' good.

Collapse -
HOT!!!

In reply to: Abbriviate???...With today's...

Today is supposed to be 115!!! Yeah, the coolers are all working overtime:)
This kid reminds me of my oldest Grandson! LOL
How you been doing??
Sue

Collapse -
Coolers? Don't you have refrigerated air conditioners..

In reply to: HOT!!!

...Coolers over here are ''swamp coolers''. But maybe the humidity level over there is such that ''swamp coolers'' are the cooler of choice. It's only broke 100 degrees once so far this summer...but the humidity level is higher here than it is over there. I hope that hurricane turns South when it hits the coast. Where it's projected to hit is about 300 miles South of us. So we'll get plenty of rain (and we need it)but the wind will be of no consequence.

Collapse -
Both:)

In reply to: Coolers? Don't you have refrigerated air conditioners..

We use "Swamp Coolers" until about August, when the humidity gets too high! Then we switch over to the AC!
That's when the electric bill doubles. I think we are in for a hot one this year! But I will take the dry heat over the humidity we had to deal with in New Hampshire! Was so happy to be home again! With any luck that hurricane will pass you all by!
Sue

Collapse -
Well, everything considered...

In reply to: Both:)

...I think you have the ideal set-up. When it's 115 degrees outside and the humidity is around 20%, a swamp cooler is THE way to go. So having both systems is a super good idea. The only time it gets down low here is in the spring and fall. Virtually no homes here have swamp coolers. I have a Trane 1400 and when it's really hot here...and I mean with humidity above 85%, I can "hang meat" in my house...and "water" the back yard at the same time with the humidity condensation...LOL. AND the electric bill in July and August is around $120 per month.

Collapse -
Electric.........

In reply to: Well, everything considered...

LOL! I am shamed!!! My usual bill is about 40 to 50$ and may go up to 75 to 90$ with AC:) But then again I don't have a huge house to cool. And when I use the AC we shut all the doors except the kitchen and living room:)

Collapse -
Swamp coolers? I remember those!

In reply to: Both:)

We used those in Utah, and they worked great in that state's low humidity, near desert climate. They're also cheap to run; after all, you're only running a fan and a water pump. Of course, when we got there, we had no clue what they meant in the ads when it said "swamp cooler."

Here in Indiana, swamp coolers would be useless due to our high humidity. Where are you?

Collapse -
Not a lot of use.......

In reply to: Swamp coolers? I remember those!

right now here either:( We are in the middle of our monsoon season and the humidity is awful! Right now we have the AC going:) We are in Arizona out of Phoenix area.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) but I bet he/she has high self esteem.

Collapse -
re:

In reply to: (NT) but I bet he/she has high self esteem.

I'll bet you're right. Happy And a long way to fall when reality hits...

Collapse -
what's sad about.........

a teenager with no credit card who is savvy enough to go online and ask in a cell phone help forum where he can get top value for his $$$$$$$?

if you mean his use of SMS text, check out how many text messages are being sent every day, and you may be surprised to know that he 'ain't alone out there...

Collapse -
Yes!

The schools should re-examine teaching TYPING as a means to improve computer communications. I've seen a bit of the abbreviations slip into student lab reports and short answer exam questions. Anyone that learns to type should have no problems (short of arthritis/carpal tunnel, etc.) writing in full sentences or with minimal abbreviations. I'm guilty of using "cuz" and a few other non-kosher grammar/punctuation errors, but usually the latter are due to rushed editing and not changing cases, etc. I've also noticed that while I KNOW full well the proper use of their, there and they're, somehow they seem to get mixed up for me on the internet. That has never been a problem with other writings, even in first draft. Not really sure why!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Info on Cricket

Okay kiddo go to the cricket web site they have some pertty good rebates and other offers going on,the site will also show what the coverage is in your area (very important)and what service plans they have,cell phone prices and info on each phone they also will list the nearest place to buy and sign up. Thanks for taking the time to research before jumping in to something, always a very good idea...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!