General discussion

This just in!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: This just in!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: This just in!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I think...

hanging down freely in front (not on the wall side) is best because if there is moisture on the wall it can ruin the whole roll. And I am unanimous in that.

I once dated a girl who had a weird idiosyncrasy, she could NOT throw out the TP tubes! And she had no explanation for that behavior either. She had a huge pile of used tubes. Will this new development be a boon to her or will it traumatize her I wonder.

- Collapse -
(NT) Adrian Monk's ex
- Collapse -
Sorry- public computer glitch.

Adrian Monk's ex-GF, maybe?

Anyway, you're dead wrong, you facinorous runagate! It should hang down the back, so the length will jerk free more easily, and without pulling out another ten inches.
Now, where did I put that Mod's personal phone number ...

- Collapse -
(NT) you don't have a computer?
- Collapse -
(NT) Two; no broadband yet.
- Collapse -
Tell the toilet paper companies...

They're printing the patterns on the wrong side.

- Collapse -
There's an explanation for that ...

The manufacturers know that right thinking masses of consumer drones won't care that there is a pattern on the paper. Only a non-conformist would care. That's why they put the pattern on the wrong side of the paper.

More seriously: I confess I never noticed that the pattern was printed on just one side. It never occurred to me to hang the roll the other way. Then again, I don't really pay attention to the pattern. If I hadn't just spent the last 3 days in the bathroom with a nasty GI bug I would not have even been able to tell you whether or not our current TP even has a pattern.

- Collapse -
Also...

Also, if you let it hang over the top, your kitty may eventually learn to keep swatting it over and over, unrolling the whole roll, to make a nice and soft kitty-bed on the floor.

- Collapse -
(NT) Ah, yes - our four-legged vandals. :-)
- Collapse -
As a kid, we gave TP an paper towel rolls to our hamsters

They loved them. They'd crawl in and out of them but eventually shred them for bedding. I'd have to think we'd be depriving a lot of hamsters of the joy of playing with TP rolls if they were no longer produced.

- Collapse -
Plus we used them as forms for

home-built radios, remember?

CNET Forums

Forum Info