General discussion

This is the place to hate?

I have has been off line for a few days now. Loaned his little Honda generator out to next door neighbor: 90 year old Ray, retired Eastern pilot, WWII Lockheed test pilot. A most interesting Republican gentleman conservative to the n'th degree. He's alone now, recently widowed, his only child died unexpectedly in his house six months before his late wife. Life is not easy.

Anyway I'm digressing as usual: Point is this. During enforced sabatical from this alleged discussion forum events taught me a few things about nothing in particular but some key things in particular. Like trust and empathy.

Pure chance introduced me to the mayor of Miami and the city manager in front of my house. Not once, but three times I encountered Mayor Diaz, because that toppled, gigantic ficus tree put a LOT of folks hereabouts out of kilter. And the tree being at a blind corner caused two serious automobile crashes into its sinewy trunk. Double digression, forgive this jabbermouth.

What I notice more than ever now, is that THIS is the place to hate. It is the place to plant false rumore, to fertilize half-truths and harvest blackend grapes of heedless, divisive wrath.

I'm not naming sides except by inference. Both sides are guilty to more or less different degree and intensity of verbal arboreal monstrosities. Like the tree of knowlege should be upended and shaken of all that once it stood for. Third rate metaphor you bet but I just want your attention and your reasoned rebuttal -if you dare- to attack this particular post on its roots of merit.

To all concerned I say your hating is overdone. As Angeline who is on the right side put it not long ago- there's a certain sliver of indecision amongst some of the ----silent--- observers on this forum. Do the raw haters think their "lackey" and "idiots" mudballs win over this element?

Then WHY is there so much uninspiring, repetitive daily posting by the same obnoxious (?) cadre every day? Maybe I'm one of them on some days. But not every day. And I TRY to stand back, take stock and private advisement and improve my style.

If you feel like a target of this post you might look into your own heart of hearts. Do you see a Christian-trained compassionate conservative respectfull on at least some level of the loyal opposition? If so, why not live by what you would want for your own side in the heat of empty, these essentially useless political arguments.

I have a little parable on character- not meaning to seem pompous because I am as flawed myself as anyone else. Will try to compose it after this post and hope you enjoy. It is not an attack piece for a change.

And to Toni H: regarding your Pride post. I will rebutt that canard in a day or three when I have more leisure. In a nice way I will slash it to pieces, uh, but my readers, friends and foes will actually be the judge of the attempt so let it lay until then.

cheers to all

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: This is the place to hate?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: This is the place to hate?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I think you are mistaking vigorous debate for hatred. I do

not think the regular posters, on either side, are motivated by hatred. That is far too strong a word. There is open, candid discussion with some glee involved when a good point is made.

If you want a reasoned discussion, I think you need to provide more definition and evidence for what you are calling hate.

- Collapse -
Re: I think you are mistaking vigorous debate for hatred. I

I agree with you KPHappy I disagree with nearly all of of DK's political posts, but as a person I really like Dave. He helped me a lot when I had some problems a few years ago! His emails helped me get thru some rough times. There are some in SE that I don't care for, but none that I hate! How do you "hate" someone you don't know?
Glemda

- Collapse -
Re: I think it's his friends

M ickey
P olyanna and
D onald who are mis-leading him....

- Collapse -
I think you're on the same track as Glenda.

That figures.

CNET Forums