General discussion

This guy sounds like me. Can we flip the ticket?

Paul Ryan's wisdom

"If borrowing and spending and regulating and taxing was the secret
to economic success, we would be entering a golden age along with
Greece. It's not, it
doesn't work. We need sound money, low tax rates, fiscal discipline,
regulatory certainty and we need to stop this notion of a
government-driven economy. "This is not even close to what recovery looks like," he said. "This is
not what President Obama promised. I would argue this is the result of
failed leadership in Washington."

Ryan said the White House has used the Fed and its two rounds of
quantitative easing as a backstop for its failed economic policies. The
weak jobs report is being seen by many in the market as a probabe
catalyst for a third stimulus round, nicknamed QE3.

"Our monetary policy has been trying to serve as a substitute for really bad fiscal policy,"
Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: This guy sounds like me. Can we flip the ticket?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: This guy sounds like me. Can we flip the ticket?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Before the Primaries

I had already been hearing hints that the RNC wanted Ryan to run and he said no.........maybe he figures he has a better shot at it if he's VP first for later down the road?

I would one day, at least my current wish that might change later, like to see a Ryan/Cantor ticket. Both pretty brilliant numbers crunchers and neither has a problem with confronting problems head-on.

- Collapse -
That's one way Ryan may hurt Romney

right now it already seems more attention on what Ryan says and what Ryan's plan was than Romney.

People may start to wonder who's really running.

And frankly Ryan is publically far enought right to put off some.

Of course the percentage of "undecided voters" in this election is a very minority of the electorate. With the increasing polarization of the country, the ones not wanting extremeism are roundly criticized and put down. In the end, they may just withdraw and not be involved since no one wants their opinions that aren't conservative/liberal enough.

Sadly, I see another election that will be as close, no, closer than Bush/Gore and leave everyone debating the results and no one interested in getting on with reasonable compromise.

Neither party is exclusively responsible for the current gridlock, like not passing a budget for 3 years now. Neither is either party excused from responsibility for it. And politically, the Republicans can't help but hope it's worse the next two months rather than better. I say that even though I vote for republican candidates for office more than democratic ones. It's the the Republicans advantage the worse things can be made to appear for the next 60 days.

Roger

CNET Forums