Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

This connection has limited or no connectivity

I have DI-624 router and DCM-202 modem

Up to a few days ago my internet was working fine

Now when i turn on my computer, the internet works for 10-20 minutes and then just stops giving me "this connection has limited or no connectivity..." message.

It also says "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer" when i click details.

Pressing "repair" or "ipconfig /renew" does not work

The only way I am able to make the internet work again is if I reset my powerstrip which in turn resets my computer, modem and router. Then it works fine again for a few minutes, but not for very long

Any help will be appreciated

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: This connection has limited or no connectivity
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: This connection has limited or no connectivity
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
ah

In reply to: This connection has limited or no connectivity

Both modem and router are D-Link, forgot to mention that

Collapse -
Try winsock repair. . .

In reply to: ah

Google it.

Collapse -
tried that

In reply to: Try winsock repair. . .

tried that, didn't help Sad

Collapse -
Check for other wireless AP's

In reply to: This connection has limited or no connectivity

I have seen this happen when your neighbors install a rogue Access point and it clashes with your AP.
Try changing the channel of your wireless.

DO A SITE SURVEY this will give you a good idea of how powerful your wireless signal is. also try to take notes as to where you loose connectivity in your house. Do you remain connected if you are seated closer to your access point?

check your Access Point for any breakages or loose antenna
Hope these pointers help.

also test if there is a DHCP conflict. if you have a wired switch as well as a wireless router handing out DHCP addresses in the same range this might happen.

if all else fails invest in a good linksys access point.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.