General discussion

There is not enough memory or disk space to run Word.

Recently, i have not been able to access my Microsoft Office. All the applications wont run.

Tried:
Uninstalling - i can uninstall it. (Error- Setup has stop working)
Create new administrator profile- Problem is still there.
Open in safe mode- It still won't open.
Afraid to delete all .tmp file. (really afraid)
(I'm going to try to manually delete it from Program file and iintall it again).

Your advice would be appriciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: There is not enough memory or disk space to run Word.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: There is not enough memory or disk space to run Word.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Tried error

I tried to uninstall manually but my computer wont allow me.

BTW. My computer is Windows Vista Home Basic. Lenovo 3000 N200 notebook.

*srry for posting in Windows 7 forum.

- Collapse -
Why the fear?

I can guess it's because you have no backup of "what you can't lose."

-->> Try this. Get your files that you can't lose on CD/DVD/Internet/USBstick and make 2 spare copies.

Now with all your files safe and sound you can delete the tmp files and try disk cleanup.
Bob

- Collapse -
(NT) How much RAM and disk space do you have?
- Collapse -
Can you delete

some programs to make space for it? Any ideal how much space you need?

- Collapse -
I have 60GB

Humm. I have roughly 60GB hard disk space remaining on my computer.

- Collapse -
How much ram do i have

I have 1GB of ram but i've been running this program for a while and it stopped all of a sudden, so i dont thinks is my ram, but keep making suggestions thank you.

- Collapse -
Try the old NORMAL.DOT thing.
- Collapse -
Try Unloading your virus scanner software

I found that my virus scanning software in windows 7 was taking up a huge amount of ram. I ended up turning off some of the more robust real time scanning features and the unloaded it completely in order to eliminate that low memory message. Once I isolated the problem, I talked to the vendor to figure out why my switch settings were causing this problem. Turned out, and I use f-secure, that the settings were doing real time scanning on every file, whether internet or not. On that particular computer, I only had 1mb of ram and it used it all up. The new box that I just bought has 4mb of ram and no problem. On the old box, I had to turn off some of the real time monitoring to address until I could add some more memory. Maybe this will help

CNET Forums