HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

the wish

by Mark5019 / January 21, 2006 11:06 AM PST

A Wish

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. All of a sudden he said out loud,

"Lord, please grant me one wish."

Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and in a booming
voice the Lord said,

"I will grant you this one wish."

The man said, "Could you please build a bridge to Hawaii, so I can drive over anytime I want to?"

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! I can certainly do it, but it is hard for Me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify Me."

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said,

"Lord, I can't find the right woman. All the women I have dated have said that I am uncaring and insensitive. I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say "nothing is wrong", and how I can make a woman truly happy."

After a few minutes God said,

"You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: the wish
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: the wish
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) awesome joke !
by grimgraphix / January 21, 2006 11:14 AM PST
In reply to: the wish
Collapse -
Excellent
by Steven Haninger / January 21, 2006 11:18 AM PST
In reply to: the wish

I'm still wondering why, this evening, my wife groused at me for using her balsamic vinegar to make myself some stupid salad dressing...and why it matters what hangers I use to hang her shirts and blouses...fer cryin' out loud...I did the laundry...and I didn't turn them into Barbie clothes like I did her sweaters years ago. Devil

Collapse -
i remember doing my wash
by Mark5019 / January 21, 2006 11:21 AM PST
In reply to: Excellent

and did mu whites with some red clothes in hot water:)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Ah, yes...the old pink jockey trick :-)
by Steven Haninger / January 21, 2006 11:37 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) youve been there huh:)
by Mark5019 / January 21, 2006 11:53 AM PST
Collapse -
Accident?? Yeah right!!! LOL
by Glenda / January 21, 2006 11:54 AM PST

I think you just wanted an excuse to have pretty underwear]:) LOL

Collapse -
I was always poll axed by
by grimgraphix / January 21, 2006 11:56 AM PST

the line "if you don't know then I'm not going to tell you"...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Some balsamics are very expensive, might be it?
by Cindi Haynes / January 22, 2006 3:20 AM PST
In reply to: Excellent
Collapse -
Thank you Cindi!
by Steven Haninger / January 22, 2006 3:53 AM PST

You just gave me a Valentine's Day gift idea for a sourpuss....wrapped lovingly of course. Devil

Collapse -
Some are more expensive than a good wine!
by Evie / January 22, 2006 3:58 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you Cindi!
Collapse -
Yikes. $$$$
by Steven Haninger / January 22, 2006 4:44 AM PST

If ya' can't pronounce it..ya' can't afford it and ya' shouldn't order it and ya' probably won't like it anyway. (Rule of thumb when reading a restaurant menu) Happy

Collapse -
The sidebar in Google for that link ...
by Evie / January 22, 2006 4:57 AM PST
In reply to: Yikes. $$$$

... stated balsamics from $6 to $600! I didn't see that latter at the link, but I have seen some pricey ones at a gourmet shop we have gone to once or twice with the Sis in Philly.

Maybe my palate is too "untrained" -- but I've yet to taste the difference between olive oils by price within a particular type (extra virgin vs. virgin or type of olive, etc.) and so far all balsamics I've ever had seem to taste alike. To be fair, I haven't tasted many on the high end, but what you don't know you can't miss! Wink

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) :-) I hope she loves it!
by Cindi Haynes / January 22, 2006 4:35 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you Cindi!
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.