Computer Help forum

General discussion

THE WINDOWS EMAIL MESS

by j72050 / April 25, 2008 9:48 AM PDT

..WELL, as thousands of posts on all forums indicate, I am not the only one......ok, I try to email out, or email a picture, jpg usually...I get the blue error screen......Thunderbird too......so they said disable your anti virus, so I disabled it and my spysweeper too...and it works.......but must I do this each time I send to a recipient...this seems like it makes the world too hard..Vista, Home Premium, is what I have....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: THE WINDOWS EMAIL MESS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: THE WINDOWS EMAIL MESS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry, works for me.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 25, 2008 9:57 AM PDT
In reply to: THE WINDOWS EMAIL MESS

I need more detail if I am going to duplicate your issue. But it works for me.

Collapse -
Try Using A Different Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 26, 2008 6:06 AM PDT
In reply to: THE WINDOWS EMAIL MESS

There are a few which are causing a majority of the problems.. If you've got Norton installed, remove it and try something like AVG or Avast.

Unfortunately, despite many programs "saying" they are Vista compatible, many aren't ready for prime time with Vista.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
THANKS GRIF...THE WINDOWS EMAIL DEBACLE
by j72050 / April 26, 2008 7:58 AM PDT

....changes were made...I deleted the cheap free Norton scan......deleted AVG....threw in spyware doctor...then threatfire....and most of the time it works with Thunderbird...but that WINDOWS EMAIL, I guess...refuses to work on this Dell Vista Home Premium.......some posts told me to kill the virus and spyware..I have spysweeper.........while I use the email, works with Thunderbird...but each time, nomatter what is disabled....WINDOWS EMAIL just will not comply..the blue screen of error pops up.........I can live with this....I can function with Thunderbird instead of WINDOWS EMAIL.....I looked at another post, and they had thousands of users saying their WINDOWS EMAIL refused to work too, nomatter how they tweaked.......they quoted a million errors, and still seems the problem is unsolvable.....for them...I hope they go to Thunderbiord, success rate is over 95%

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!