HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The Vice-President's right:

by Paul C / September 2, 2004 11:54 AM PDT

Joh Kerry really does need two Americas so that his various statements can be fully appreciated. Try these:

You are the citizen soldiers who know that our service does not end on the battlefield--it begins there. You know that the pledge we took to defend America is also a pledge to protect the promise America offers. And let there be no doubt--when I am president, you will have a fellow veteran in the White House who understands that those who fought for our country abroad should never have to fight for what they were promised at home.

- From Sen. Kerry's speech to the American Legion (which, BTW, is NOT limited to those who served in combat - maybe someone forgot to tell him that), Sept 1;

We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day, waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the greater glory of the United States. We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

- From Sen Kerry's 1971 book The New Soldier, which I finally found and am trying to read.

Sen. Kerry is a member of the Legion - I suspect for political expediency only...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Vice-President's right:
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Vice-President's right:
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: The Vice-President's right -- FAR right!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / September 3, 2004 2:21 AM PDT

Paul, and ethically challenged, to boot:
Bribery dialogue revealed; Halliburton says Nigerian scheme involved plant.
(Chronicle login: semods4@yahoo.com; pw= speakeasy)

>> An internal Halliburton probe has uncovered notes written between 1993 and 1998 that indicate Kellogg and its three partners in the TSKJ consortium considered a plan to make illegal payments in the hopes of landing the Bonny Island project, a huge, $5.5 billion natural gas liquefaction plant.<<
1993-1998? Square in the middle of Cheney's watch!

As for the rest of Cheney's vituperation, Kerry says it best himself: "I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who have refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq:"
Kerry lashes back at GOP, calls Bush 'unfit to lead this nation'.

-- Dave K.
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
I liked the comment of one Legionare ...
by Evie / September 3, 2004 2:45 AM PDT

... who apparently left the building. Paraphrasing (and don't recall just where I read this): 'Since when did he join the American Legion? Who is this we, we, we he keeps talking about, he must have a mouse in his pocket or something!'

Another Kerry flashback:

Kerry's Flashback

It is kinda sickening.

Evie Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.