Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The test

by Dan McC / February 1, 2006 11:37 PM PST

While visiting England, George W. Bush is invited to tea with the Queen. He asks her what her leadership philosophy is. She says that it is to surround herself with intelligent people. He asks how she knows if they're intelligent.

"I do so by asking them the right questions," says the Queen. "Allow me to demonstrate."

She phones Tony Blair and says, "Mr. Prime Minister. Please answer this question: Your mother has a child, and your father has a child, and this child is not your brother or sister. Who is it?"

Tony Blair responds, "It's me, ma'am."

"Correct. Thank you and good-bye, sir," says the Queen. She hangs up and says, "Did you get that, Mr. Bush?"

"Yes ma'am. Thanks a lot. I'll definitely be using that!"

Upon returning to Washington, he decides he'd better put the Senate Majority Leader to the test. He summons Bill Frist to the White House and says, "Doc, I wonder if you can answer a question for me."

"Why, of course, sir. What's on your mind?"

"Uh, your mother has a child, and your father has a child, and this child is not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Frist hems and haws and finally asks, "Can I think about it and get back to you?" Bush agrees, and Frist leaves. He immediately calls a meeting of other senior Republican senators, and they puzzle over the question for several hours, but nobody can come up with an answer. Finally, in desperation, Frist calls Bill Clinton and explains his problem.

"Now look here Mr. President, your mother has a child, and your father has a child, and this child is not your brother, or your sister. Who is it?" Clinton answers immediately, "It's me, of course, you dumb ***."

Much relieved, Frist rushes back to the White House and exclaims, "I know the answer, sir! I know who it is! It's Bill Clinton!" And Bush replies in disgust, "Wrong, you dumb ***, It's Tony Blair!"

Dan

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The test
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The test
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Jeez, whotta dope!
by EdH / February 1, 2006 11:51 PM PST
In reply to: The test

Of course it was Clinton.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) yawn
by Mark5019 / February 1, 2006 11:55 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) F'n A!
by Tony Holmes / February 2, 2006 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) yawn
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Hope he gets impeached for that
by duckman / February 2, 2006 12:05 AM PST
Collapse -
Funny.....
by hh / February 2, 2006 12:21 AM PST

I remember a slightly different version from 1979 Iran hostage crisis.
President Carter who did not know why he was not being taken seriously decided to consult with Maggy Thatcher about why this was so.
He visited her and asked her why he was not being taken seriously.
She answered: ''Because people think you are stupid''
''How so?'' he inquires.
She places her hand on a wall and asks Jimmy to hit it. While he takes a swing, she removes her hand from the wall and poor Jimmy hits the wall and badly bruises his hand.
While he is almost in tears from the pain, she says: ''You see, a real intelligent person wouldn't fall for this.''
Determined to learn and teach his cabinet members, upon exiting Air Force One while walking towards the helicopter, he calls his secretary of state next to him and says: ''You know, we need to test the intelligence of each member of this cabinet, so here is what I want you to do.....'', looks around and there is no wall, so he stops, places his hand on his face and says, ''hit my hand''.

p.s. tried to abbreviate it a bit, but you get the point!

Collapse -
Funny joke but
by TONI H / February 2, 2006 12:44 AM PST

aren't you the one who just posted an entire thread about how we 'shouldn't' be cussing in SE?

I REALLY have a hard time following your constantly veering trains of thought.......it's like listening to Kerry flip-flopping. Do even YOU know what you want?

TONI

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What cussing?
by Dan McC / February 2, 2006 12:46 AM PST
In reply to: Funny joke but
Collapse -
Ummm...
by EdH / February 2, 2006 12:49 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) What cussing?

Dumb-***

and of course,

Bill Clinton.

Collapse -
The definition I was
by Dan McC / February 2, 2006 12:56 AM PST
In reply to: Ummm...

attributing to "***" in that usage was: "Any of several hoofed mammals of the genus Equus, resembling and closely related to the horses but having a smaller build and longer ears, and including the domesticated donkey."

Dan

Collapse -
Nope...dumb-***
by TONI H / February 2, 2006 1:03 AM PST
In reply to: The definition I was

is a slang name referring to somebody totally stupid and clueless. The hooved animal isn't stupid....just stubborn, strong willed and at times, a pretty nasty biter.

Kind of like using the term "BS" to not actually mean bull poop that flops onto the ground, but rather to insinuate that the statement made is made up of the same type of content.

TONI

Collapse -
Well...Yes.
by Dan McC / February 2, 2006 1:56 AM PST
In reply to: Nope...dumb-ass

That is how I was defining that word in that usage. I'm familiar with the crude usage you're espousing but did not apply it here.

I believe that we will have to disagree on this.

Dan

Collapse -
Oh get real!
by Evie / February 2, 2006 2:08 AM PST
In reply to: Well...Yes.

Your problem appears to be in your inability to see BS when it is under your nose. And the problem seems to go far beyond the usual inability to smell one's own bowel movements!

Collapse -
Let me help...
by EdH / February 2, 2006 2:14 AM PST

"Dumb" means can't speak, not stupid.

So Dan is right. No one knows a dumb *** better than he.

Collapse -
Since you are the one who
by TONI H / February 2, 2006 2:17 AM PST

brought the cursing topic to the table in the other thread, it is evident now that if YOU are the one cursing in a post using YOUR interpretation of what constitutes cursing, it's OK.....we just aren't afforded the same privilege.

Very democratic of you, doncha think?

I don't think I EVER want to hear you complain again over topics where your hypocrisy is so blatant.

TONI

Collapse -
Toni, why does it upset
by Dan McC / February 2, 2006 2:53 AM PST

you so that we each see this word in a different one of its common meanings?

Dan

Collapse -
Are you saying...
by J. Vega / February 2, 2006 3:01 AM PST

Are you saying that it is common for people to mean "Any of several hoofed mammals of the genus Equus" when using the term dumb ***?

Collapse -
Nope.
by Dan McC / February 2, 2006 3:05 AM PST
In reply to: Are you saying...

I'm saying that is one of the common meanings of the word "***".

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) "It's me, of course, you dumb ***."
by Glenda / February 2, 2006 1:22 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) What cussing?
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) oooh you cussed
by Mark5019 / February 2, 2006 1:26 AM PST
Collapse -
NO!!!
by Glenda / February 2, 2006 1:28 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) oooh you cussed

I was talking to that hoofed animal]:)

Collapse -
You mean the Democrat's mascot?
by Evie / February 2, 2006 2:08 AM PST
In reply to: NO!!!

Oh the irony! LOL Wink

Collapse -
Yawwwwn...first time I heard this one, I kicked the...
by Jack Ammann / February 2, 2006 12:54 AM PST

...slats right out of my baby bed. Did you run this joke through Snopes also?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.