Copied from THE ODDBALL WALL -
On this day in 1986, the US Senate approves tax reform.
Does anyone know when it goes into affect? Here's a taxing
quiz about taxes.
1) The world's first documented use of imprisonment for
tax evasion was in what year?
2) The world's first income tax was in:
a. Egypt in 1132
b. England in 1404
c. China in 1553
3) The first U.S. federal tax office was created in:
4) The first U.S. permanent income tax was established in:
5) What ancient civilization revered the tax professional
and held him as the most noble man in society?
6) What was the first test of the U.S. government's
constitutional power to tax?
a. Boston Tea Party
b. Plymouth Blockade
c. Whiskey Rebellion
7) How much does it cost taxpayers per $100 collected by
c. 39 cents
The most misused Social Security number of all time was
078-05-1120. How many people do you think used that as
their Social Security number?
a. about 3,000
b. about 15,000
c. about 40,000
And now for the really tough question...
9) Which of the following odd taxes was levied in Russia
a. tax on beards
b. tax on warts
c. tax on bald men
Answers below, here's the scoring:
9 correct: How's that IRS career going for you?
5-8 correct: I'll bet you have at least one illegal tax
1-4 correct: I'll be you overpay in taxes every year.
0 correct: You should get a job and pay some taxes.
1) a. 306
2) b. England in 1404
3) b. 1862
4) b. 1913
5) a. Greece
6) c. Whiskey Rebellion
7) c. 39 cents
c. about 40,000
9) a. tax on beards
The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no
longer belong to it.... Albert Einstein
Pint-size luxury and funky style
Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.