Question

The similarities between Desktop OS & Mobile OS

I want to know the similarities between Desktop OS and Mobile OS for my OS Project..
Hope someone can help me

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: The similarities between Desktop OS & Mobile OS
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: The similarities between Desktop OS & Mobile OS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Microsoft has WIMP

Why not create something new?

- Collapse -
Answer
Poor me

No one here can help me?
OMG!my deadline is around the corner~

- Collapse -
Re: deadline

Better start working then.
- Find a PC with a desktop OS (I assume a laptop will be fine also, if it runs the same OS).
- Find a mobile device with a mobile OS.
- Note the similarities. Extra task, maybe: note the differences.

My only remark: you might be able to find more similarities between Windows 7 and Windows Mobile 7 than between Windows 7 and iOS or Android or between Linux and Windows Mobile 7.
That's what makes this assignment somewhat confusing.

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
Don't expect others

Don't expect others to do your work for you. It's the same as cheating, and if I were your instructor, I'd have absolutely no problem flunking you just for posting this question, regardless of whether or not anyone actually bothered to help you.

- Collapse -
Answer
Sorry

Sorry for causing trouble...
And thanx for your advice..
I'll try not to depent to others next time ok..

- Collapse -
Now you know.

Homework is, most of the time what you do on your own.

Even when it's some survey type thing, these forums have elected not to have surveys because this is a no spam zone. This is not an invitation to open a debate on 'are surveys spam?"

The history of the user interface dates back to well before recorded history. Think about it.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
If this question is about referring to Mobile as being

the cloud Example the Chrome Laptop. Actually a phone OS is more like a desktop OS because the applications are actually stored on the phone. I'm typing this message now using a Google Chrome laptop. The chrome laptop OS is a browser. It can only access the WEB and cannot store files locally. The chrome laptop can use a spreadsheet or word processor but saves the work to the cloud example Google Apps. I can do the same things on a desktop using the Chrome Browser that I can with the chrome laptop but the reverse isn't true.

- Collapse -
Noted

Thanx,your information could make my project more wonderful..
Really apreciate it~

CNET Forums