Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The Rube Goldberg shool of traffic accidents:

by Paul C / March 19, 2006 10:03 PM PST
Flying cows cause traffic snafu, burning police cars:

Talk about a wild night near Seguin. A cow came flying out of its trailer, sent DPS and police scrambling, and left two police cars going up in flames...

Several cars hit some of the cows. One cow died. DPS troopers called for backup.

That's when one officer was nearly run down by a speeding truck, carrying two illegal immigrants inside.

Seguin Police were out looking for those illegal immigrants. They parked their cars in the hot grass, burning two of them including that brand new 2006 Crown Victoria. Watson said, "Well, all of a sudden, another officer who'd arrived on the scene, alerted the sergeant that there was a fire."

This was in Texas. Why didn't they just make the best of a bad situation and have a barbecue? Devil
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Rube Goldberg shool of traffic accidents:
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Rube Goldberg shool of traffic accidents:
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) I assume the mufler started the fire.
by grimgraphix / March 19, 2006 11:20 PM PST
Collapse -
catalytic converter
by null. / March 20, 2006 1:41 AM PST

high temps inside
upwards of 1200 F

Collapse -
Sounds like the Keystone Cops
by wwerts / March 20, 2006 1:37 AM PST

You sure this didn't happen in Pennsylvania? Happy

Collapse -
IMO, the best part...
by Paul C / March 20, 2006 5:56 AM PST

...was the part about the two illegal aliens. It really sucks to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, doesn't it? Wink

Collapse -
Must have been Kosher if the cattle were in shule.
by Ziks511 / March 20, 2006 7:20 AM PST

For Jonah, there's a neat game from Holland which is sort of like table top curling, called Shulbach. The object is to get the maximum number of wooden pucks in a series of 6 separate columns with little dividers between on a board about 18 inches wide and 9 feet long. Players alternate turns.

Shulbach is the noise that emanates from a synagogue during prayers, so it was once a mildly anti-semitic reference which has over the years completely lost any edge it once may have possessed. Most people don't even know what the name means, or think it means recitation in regular school.

Just one of those utterly useless things that clutter up my brain.

Collapse -
So, I flunked the spelling test, did I? :-)
by Paul C / March 20, 2006 7:23 AM PST

That's what happens when I post without previewing...

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?