Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The "Religion of Peace" shows its true colors...

again.

Were I President, I'd give the Israelis an unlimited hunting license with no size restrictions or bag limits.

"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure?and in some cases I have?that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy."

-- The late Col. Jeff Cooper
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The "Religion of Peace" shows its true colors...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The "Religion of Peace" shows its true colors...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What is even more disturbing

In reply to: The "Religion of Peace" shows its true colors...

What is even more disturbing is that some in the media as well as certain establishments placing the whole blame on Israel, yet totally ignoring the nonstop provocations by Hamas and Islamic Jihad.
When Israel withdrew from Gaza, forcibly removing every single settler and all army personnel, all it got in return was nonstop barrage of rockets raining on her citizens. Where are the UN and EU and all other so called enlightened nations who were only so quick to condemn Israel and pass resolutions? They seem awfully silent and totally oblivious to what is happening there.
Yes, I agree with the late Col. Jeff Cooper. I only wish that Israel realizes what is needed is a total victory, rather than the wishful thinking mindset that these extremists and terrorists will compromise if they are hit hard enough. You have to hit them harder and harder, with the intention of eliminating them forever.

It may not be a popular decision, but how long can a people be living under such circumstances, when the rest of the world doesn?t give a damn to what these terrorists are doing.

Collapse -
when they stop paying atention to world opinion

In reply to: What is even more disturbing

way back when they were attacked in the 6 day war they should have wiped out those "peaceful" people once and for all.

hammas wants war i say give it to them

Collapse -
(NT) re: eliminating them forever...sounds so.... final..

In reply to: What is even more disturbing

Collapse -
but then there would be peace

In reply to: re: eliminating them forever...sounds so.... final..

hamas is a cancer

Collapse -
(NT) oh... the 'magic' bullet.. why did I not think of that

In reply to: but then there would be peace

Collapse -
maybe

In reply to: oh... the 'magic' bullet.. why did I not think of that

you should think more before posting then you moght have.

Collapse -
(NT) would you understand it

In reply to: maybe

Collapse -
Watch out there Woods...

In reply to: maybe

... we got a master debater on our hands.

Too quick witted for me. Sad

Collapse -
Interesting. You say, "then there would be peace"

In reply to: but then there would be peace

[when Hamas is gone]. I learned just last night that it was Pres. Wilson himself who "promised" that what we now call World War One would be "the war to end all wars". Seems you think so also about your projected war against a regional guerrilla force. Can you explain how that would happen? Like most people, I'm very interested in peace.

A couple of thoughts from a book I use for military intelligence:
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Jer 17:9, NIV

Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun: I saw the tears of the oppressed? and they have no comforter; power was on the side of their oppressors? and they have no comforter. And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive. But better than both is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun. Ecclesiastes 4:1-3

All this I saw, as I applied my mind to everything done under the sun. There is a time when a man lords it over others to his own hurt. ... When the sentence for a crime is not quickly carried out, the hearts of the people are filled with schemes to do wrong. Ec 8:9,11
In the same vein Langston Hughes said, "What happens to a dream deferred? ... does it explode?"

I've found these to be an accurate statements of the human condition; do you have a plan to change it?

Collapse -
well i guess

In reply to: Interesting. You say, "then there would be peace"

we all could beleave in turning ones cheek, but when you do that you get slapped again.
those people dont want peace they want to kill all the jews and wipe out isreal.i for one say screw that.you can all sit here in safety i think hamas is a terroristic entity.you dont offer an olive branch you blow them to there god.

along with there peacefull breatheren

Collapse -
OK, thanks for your input, William

In reply to: well i guess

... uh, Penn. Happy
"... an influential English Quaker ... he joined the Society of Friends (Quakers) in the 1660s. Outspoken and eloquent, he preached religious tolerance ...
Or perhaps this one?

"William Penn Life Ins
William Penn Life Insurance Co info and Instant Free Insurance Quotes!"
Sign me up! With your plan, we'll all need it! Happy

Collapse -
i myself prefer glock 19s

In reply to: OK, thanks for your input, William

best life insurance

and since the quakers relied on all others to protect there selves thats nothing to brag about

Collapse -
(NT) Then why call yourself William Penn?

In reply to: i myself prefer glock 19s

Collapse -
why do u call yourself grimgraphix

In reply to: Then why call yourself William Penn?

are you a graphic or a script

Collapse -
THIS JUST IN!

In reply to: Interesting. You say, "then there would be peace"

PEACE ON THE HORIZON!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7281297.stm

Thailand holds 'top arms dealer'
... Viktor Bout - who has been dubbed the "merchant of death" - was picked up by police at a luxury hotel in Bangkok.
... According to a 2007 book about him - entitled of Death - Money, Guns, Planes and the Man Who Makes War Possible - he set up a network of companies using redundant Soviet military planes. ...

What a relief!

Collapse -
Regarding your statement.

In reply to: The "Religion of Peace" shows its true colors...

"Were I President, I'd give the Israelis an unlimited hunting license with no size restrictions or bag limits."

What's your religion, Paul?

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) Is that relevant ?

In reply to: Regarding your statement.

Collapse -
(NT) Paul seems to think so.

In reply to: Is that relevant ?

Collapse -
No, Paul never said that

In reply to: Paul seems to think so.

Please show me where he did.

Or is this a dead end too?

Collapse -
Religion is the

In reply to: No, Paul never said that

subject of Paul's post. Why would you think it is not relevant?

Dan

Collapse -
You asked what Paul's religion was

In reply to: Religion is the

How is that relevant?

Collapse -
It goes to his

In reply to: You asked what Paul's religion was

statement regarding others' religions.

Dan

Collapse -
FYI, Paul has been a member since the 1990s

In reply to: It goes to his

... and it has never been his habit to insult anyone's religion or lack thereof.

The article clearly identified the shooter as a militant. The militants there consider all others as infidels deserving of being killed, and their special enemies are the Jews. If there were not Jews or infidels thee would be peace . It's their fault, not the fault of the militants.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
No it doesn't,

In reply to: It goes to his

but you can keep trying to make it that.

Collapse -
How does Paul even connect this to religion?

No where in the article he links to, does it make the case that there was a religious motivation for the massacre. None of the official spokesmen for the Israelis or the Arabs say it is connected to religion or any jihadist movement. No where in the long history of conflict between the Palestinians and the Israelis have I ever seen a serious case being made that their conflict is a religious war.

I understand anger over targedy and a long standing guerilla conflict... I don't understand the irrational connection of one unrelated fact to another. I guess I'm just stupid that way.

Collapse -
(NT) In the title of his oritinal post.

In reply to: How does Paul even connect this to religion?

Collapse -
That's a personal question.

The title of Paul's post did not relate to him, but to militants.

I suspect you wonder if Paul possibly held to a religion that also speaks of peace but corrupts it in some manner. (Note, for instance, that even those who hold to Christianity here admit to not being 100% proud of what was done in it's name in the past).

It was the police who were responsible for stopping the gun man. I hope that no one in Jerusalem speaks of police brutality!!!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
True

In reply to: That's a personal question.

But what started this thread was a subject line that could not in any way be considered cool and objective. Religion and peace has been broached and deserves follow up if the original observation is not to be considered insulting, inane, or hypocritical.

Thanks,

Dan

Collapse -
how many

In reply to: True

people are killed in the name of there god?

there saying there god condones killing

Collapse -
Of course.

In reply to: how many

Everyone says that their god condones their killing and abhors the other guy's killing.

Dan

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!