Question

"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing"

I have this error on Windows 8.1 64 bit,when I want to play a game.I installed "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable,I downloaded the missing dll and still nothing.
If you guys could help me,that would be great.
Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing"
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Given no game name.

I suggest you ask the game's author/support for install instructions.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
does the game come with it's own?

I remember the "dll hell" that used to happen with games coming with a different dll or needing a different dll file than current in windows. Usually the solution for that was to put the needed dll file of the same name into the game's folder and leave the updated dll file in windows systems folders, since local folder was checked first. Maybe the same trick will work if the game came with it's own version of the file.

CNET Forums