"The truth is that many, and probably most, of the very rich don't fit Fitzgerald's description. There are plenty of very rich Americans who have a sense of perspective, who take pride in their achievements without believing that their success entitles them to live by different rules.

"But Mitt Romney, it seems, isn't one of those people. And that discovery may be an even bigger issue than whatever is hidden in those tax returns he won't release."

I should have written in the above post that this is my feeling as well. Those who push the envelope of their privilege are the ones who generate irritation and anger in the population at large.

Please note that is Irritation and Anger for Cause, not Envy. Why envy someone who acts like Rush Limbaugh, a loud ill educated buffoon, who may possibly be doing an Andy Kauffman piece of performance art, sucking in the gullible and at an extreme stretch voicing a parody of Conservative opinion. That's the greatest amount of positive assessment I can create, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong. He's almost certainly just a piece of human detritus with a loud voice.

Rob