the Olympics, i predict

Michael Phelps will not beat Mark Spitz record

Kobe Bryant will miss the gold

Dara Torres will walk away with 2, maybe 3, bronze

Shawn Johnson will be superb, but will have to settle for silver

jonah "4 hours to go and the beer is cooling" jones

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: the Olympics, i predict
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: the Olympics, i predict
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Kobe: Didn't he have to give the gold

In reply to: the Olympics, i predict

to his wife that time? Happy

BTW is it just swimming that can give you so many medals in one Olympics?

Collapse -
(NT) Only swimming.

In reply to: Kobe: Didn't he have to give the gold

Collapse -
I predict...

Phelps won't get 8 golds...but at least 6 golds...

Impressive performances will abound

At least 10 surprising "no name" competitors will be covered by major international media outlets.

Refocusing anti-doping efforts to that of safety instead of the current "chemical fairness" will begin to be considered seriously.

and regarding the cultural aspect of the Olympic Movement and Olympism - there's gonna be a rough go of culture education between China and the rest of the World. But there's not going to be any sort of mass uprising during the games.

For what it's worth, I look forward to these Games surprising (in a good way) to all the critics - including myself.

Best,
Shalin

Collapse -
also...

In reply to: I predict...

That many people from the world will realize that the Chinese citizens, overall, are really outwardly joyus about providing this grand event to the world. And, I'm glad I can relate to them in that very basic, human feeling...at least it's something...
--S

Collapse -
That is definitely

In reply to: also...

...... the upside of it.

I think that one person who was instrumental in starting to melt the ice in the Cold War was USSR gymnast Olga Korbut. She broke the stereotypical "no response" when she missed on a routine by wiping away tears. She captivated the world with her warm and friendly smile.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
I had to look

.... everybody, except Kobe, up, because I forgot their names.

I did watch the final qualifying rounds for swimmers, and Phelps dd look like a winer. I think Torres has a chance to medal.

Haven't seen any gymnastics competitions this year. Some other countries subsidize their gymnasts which I think gives them a leg up (no pun intended). Maybe winning for one's' country is different than winning for one;s state. if so, Muss Johson has a chance to beat the best China has to offer.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
now we know why i don't play the horses ;-)

for a change, i'm glad to be wrong

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.