Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The Muslim religion and Hizbullah in Lebanon

by taboma / August 19, 2006 1:37 PM PDT

Sorry that I did not post this last week. I should have.
POST: The Muslim religion is not a religion of peace anymore?
Terrorism needs to be pushed out of every country they try and settle into?
I cannot remember who posted that.

It has nothing to do with the Muslim religion at all.
It has to do with terrorism and groups like the Hizbullah.

I agree that terrorism has to be pushed back and that Iran is involved.
Probably too involved supplying its mid and long-range missiles to the Hisbullah.

Did you know there are other religions in Lebanon beside Muslim?
How about the Roman Catholic Church? Bet that many do not know about that either. Fact.

Here is a link that everyone will find interesting and learn of Lebanon:

http://www.galenfrysinger.com/beirut.htm

I found this link amazing. So much to view and to learn about.
Old Lebanon and new.

My Uncle, Bishop Eustis John Smith, was a Franciscan Bishop in Lebanon during the 50?s and 60?s.
The US Marines first came to Lebanon to protect the US citizen?s living or working there in 1957.
There was a Catholic Mass for the US troops stationed in Lebanon. My uncle, Eustis, said that Mass. The photos of the Bishop blessing the US troops were in most major newspapers the next day.
My uncle returned in the mid 60?s to the US due to sickness.
We had a funeral Mass at Arch Street Shrine in Boston for my uncle in the early 70?s.
It was the largest funeral Mass in the Catholic Diocese since Archbishop Cushing?s funeral when he passed away in 1970. A great loss to the Boston Catholic Diocese at that time.

My uncle, Bishop Smith, was also loved by many. Both here in the US and also in Lebanon.

About 1980 or so there was a Sunoco gas station in my home town of Abington, MA that was owned by a Lebanese family. I had my automobile serviced there frequently.
One day when I was paying my bill, I asked the owner if he had ever met my uncle, Eustis John Smith, the Bishop of Lebanon?
Well the man just stared at me in disbelief and finally said yes!
He called out to his relatives working there in his Lebanonese language and four men came forward to me with all smiles and started to shake my hand while bowing to me and lowering their head. Took me totally by surprise. Was a nice time for us all.

I will never forget the reverence these men had for Bishop Smith and their Lebanese religious beliefs. Catholic. Nice day in my life that I will always remember.

- Kevin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Muslim religion and Hizbullah in Lebanon
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Muslim religion and Hizbullah in Lebanon
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!