TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

The Masters. . .

by Coryphaeus / April 8, 2007 8:19 AM PDT

in HD on my Sony 55" SXRD. Like being there.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Masters. . .
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Masters. . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A2000 OR A2020???
by Riverledge / April 8, 2007 8:23 AM PDT
In reply to: The Masters. . .

river.

Collapse -
(NT) 2000
by Coryphaeus / April 8, 2007 11:08 AM PDT
In reply to: A2000 OR A2020???
Collapse -
Cory thats why iam here today ha ha
by stewart norrie / April 8, 2007 9:51 AM PDT
In reply to: The Masters. . .

The only thing I like about golf is that you watch the grass grow and listen to that same birdy chriping I think they move that dam bird from course to course but my roomate is watching it dribling with joy . No n.a.s.c.a.r. no drag racing might as well go back to bed and no Iam not eating ham today stewe

Collapse -
There is nothing...
by givemeaname / April 8, 2007 10:00 AM PDT

like a car wreck in HD.

I just hope the summer Olympics will be as cool as the winter was.

Collapse -
Sports in HD
by jostenmeat / April 8, 2007 10:37 AM PDT
In reply to: There is nothing...

Basketball: being able to see all 10 players get into their sets
Tennis: seeing ball, for a split sec, squashed like a pancake on the service line from a 150mph serve.
Baseball: seeing the crowd's faces. I LOVE the mega-slo-mo cam they bust out during playoffs. I remember Pedro Martinez' delivery shown few years ago, full supination of wrist AFTER full extension of arm. No wonder hes had multiple surgeries. Stuff like bat flexing at contact.

Wish I had HD during the Olympics! Wish I had HD during World Cup!

Collapse -
N.A.S.C.A.R. IN YOUR FACE
by stewart norrie / April 8, 2007 12:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Sports in HD

Cameras mounted on wires above the cars following them around the track and those monster motors screeming thru the living room I'ts getting so good that even the local news is broadcadting in hi-def they have hi-def cameras in choppers that fly around the Bay Area with stunning shots of the Golden Gate bridge etc.. And the crem de la crem is Discovery h.d. theater not only stunning vidio but 5.1. to boot. Dont watch much over the air nothing but Dr. Phill and drama shows I think the sat or cable hi-def package is the steal of the century your system is worthless without it . it seems the broadcasters are giving more and better programming all the time good day stewe

Collapse -
ditto on da Discovery mr stewie
by jostenmeat / April 8, 2007 4:16 PM PDT

DVR has first 7 episodes of Planet Earth. Thats it. Everything, anything else gets deleted to make space for this program. I remember the excellent Atlas series that aired right after purchase of tv, very excellent. But Planet Earth . . . Im at a loss for words.

15 years ago, I really enjoyed the Simpsons and Star Trek TNG on Fox, I guess. But even then, I didn't point my finger at the display and exlcaim !!!Look at THAT!!! HOLY @$&^%#!#@!

Collapse -
LoL...
by hyghwayman / April 9, 2007 7:26 AM PDT

HDTV and 5.1 surround sound all the way. Never want to go back to analog viewing and mono sound!

Happy days all,
hyghwayman

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.