Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The Marine & Obama, 1980

by James Denison / August 5, 2010 3:21 PM PDT
http://nygoe.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/barack-obama-sighting-hawaii-1980-revised/

http://freemanradio.com/blog/article.php/20091217105554794

I asked this Indonesian immigrant of these things but he told me those things were not common where he grew up. Our conversation drifted to our dreams of what we are going to do once we are ?all grown up?. I replied that I was not sure and most likely would either re-enlist in the Marines or go home to attend college on the GI Bill.

He told me he wanted to be President of the US someday. I remember lightly smiling and commenting that maybe by the time he gets to be 40 or so, America will be ready for a Black man to be President and I wished him luck. We spoke of the racial tensions I saw at home while growing up, of the outright hostility of Hawaiians toward white Americans and black Americans and I asked him if he ever saw that overseas or since he returned back to Hawaii. I don?t remember his answer, but we spoke more of his time overseas and his thoughts on life and philosophy of government.

He made some strange comments to me; it was obvious he never set foot for any time on continental United States and I told him he better realize that he is making judgments about the United States when he himself never actually lived there.

He also told me something that I never forgot, for it caused me to do some other things later in an effort to be nice to him. Since we spoke of where I had been and the world as I saw it, I told him I had been to Africa, Mombassa specifically, and he said to me abruptly, ?I was born there.? (much more in the article)
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Marine & Obama, 1980
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Marine & Obama, 1980
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: (much more in the article)
by JP Bill / August 5, 2010 8:34 PM PDT

Yes there is

While I cannot swear it was Barak Obama, nor can I prove it

You were reading the whole story....and "got lucky" and found a link to Obama?

OR just Googlin' for "birther" stuff.

He told me he wanted to be President of the US someday. I remember lightly smiling and commenting that maybe by the time he gets to be 40 or so, America will be ready for a Black man to be President and I wished him luck.

Didn't the guy know you can't be President of the USA if you aren't born there...He was a Marine after all...HE should know that.

Perhaps he didn't want to break the kids heart.

BUT he did wish him luck...And the kid is now President of the USA.

Collapse -
actually wasn't looking for ANYTHIING on Obama
by James Denison / August 6, 2010 12:52 AM PDT

...when I ran across it. My daughter is a Marine and I was searching on some Marine subjects when the page popped up on the search page. So, you were wrong again.

Collapse -
RE: you were wrong again
by JP Bill / August 6, 2010 6:02 AM PDT

I was wrong...and you were lucky, that he/they mentioned 1 of your favourite subjects.

2 marines that aren't brave enough to post their own name, as long as you don't call him Forrest Gump....he's happy. AND he's just recalling it as best he can?

If it pops up...I will post it?

Collapse -
Sort of remnds me
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 5, 2010 9:42 PM PDT
Collapse -
Yeah, right
by Willy / August 5, 2010 9:49 PM PDT

What is this, another steamy nugget of knowledge being passed on as if fact. Even, the little pasted article you presented is full of inconsistency. The persist attacks on Obama backrd. and whatever is nothing more than a smear campaign of what is called, political BS. You honestly think you're doing a service here by stirring the muck it all becomes clearer? -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Full of inconsistency
by EdHannigan / August 5, 2010 9:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Yeah, right

Such as?

Collapse -
Prove it yourself
by Willy / August 5, 2010 10:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Full of inconsistency

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, fly like a duck, then it must be a duck. No sireeee, prove me wrong. -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
As always, it is up to the person asserting something...
by EdHannigan / August 5, 2010 10:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Prove it yourself

to prove it. You said there were inconsistencies. What are they?

Collapse -
So you believe he's lying?
by James Denison / August 6, 2010 12:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Yeah, right

Or maybe ran into someone else who looked like Obama and claimed to be born in Kenya?

Collapse -
LOL, thanks for the laugh, James
by Josh K / August 6, 2010 12:27 AM PDT

I wonder if the young (maybe) Barack Obama also told this Marine "someday I will marry a woman named Michelle and we'll have two daughters who we'll name Sasha and Malia, and I'll make Joe Biden my VP. That oil spill coming in 30 years will be a real challenge though..."

LOL

Collapse -
Josh, you adding to the story
by James Denison / August 6, 2010 12:59 AM PDT

...in a cheap attempt at ridicule? Isn't that below you? Well, you did it, so I guess not. No Josh, he didn't say that. He said he met someone who was from Indonesia, claimed to be born in Kenya, and wanted to become President. In fact, if the story is true, it might be the first time Obama realized he needed to make "evidence" of his origins match the necessary requirements to run for President. Now THAT would be quite the story if corroborated by others at some future time. The question remains; Why does Obama and his supporters spend so much money trying to hide everything about his past they can other than the canned story put out there, also without any real proof.

Just remember, he who laughs last, laughs best.

Collapse -
RE: Just remember,
by JP Bill / August 6, 2010 6:05 AM PDT

he who laughs last, laughs best.

and Obama is President.....

Collapse -
4 numbers for you
by James Denison / August 6, 2010 6:09 AM PDT
In reply to: RE: Just remember,

Collapse -
IF I could predict anything
by JP Bill / August 6, 2010 7:58 AM PDT
In reply to: 4 numbers for you

it would be which stocks to buy/sell....not who will/will not be President.

Collapse -
Marine One
by James Denison / August 6, 2010 1:22 AM PDT

Here's another interesting tidbit I ran across while googling on Marines. Remember Gerald Ford and his slipping on ramp from airplane? He got the old "can't chew gum and walk at the same time" treatment by the media, probably every newspaper that could run the picture. Here's one you might have missed. What's funny is the targeted advertisement that popped up on the Youtube screen at the same time, caught by a viewer with a screen capture.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/barackobama/ig/Barack-Obama-Pictures/Obama-Bangs-Head-on-Marine-One.htm

Collapse -
(NT) uh, she never saw it
Collapse -
neither did you !
by grimgraphix / August 6, 2010 2:10 AM PDT
In reply to: uh, she never saw it

Seems to me... if you want to use that kind of thinking... that you are choosing to believe only what you want to believe.

Collapse -
I'm still willing and waiting to see it.
by James Denison / August 6, 2010 2:23 AM PDT
In reply to: neither did you !

But only the real one, not some certification paper that almost anyone could get, but isn't even good enough for Hawaii to accept when addressing aboriginal matters there. For aboriginal matters in Hawaii, the only legal form is the long form birth certificate. Hypocrisy?

Collapse -
That's logical.
by EdHannigan / August 6, 2010 2:32 AM PDT

Seeing is believing.

Collapse -
and notice the confusion continues
by James Denison / August 6, 2010 3:22 AM PDT
In reply to: That's logical.
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jan/08/ln/FP601080334.html

CORRECTION: A correction on this story was published on Sunday, Jan. 15, 2006: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961. A Page One story last Sunday contained incorrect information about his birthplace.
============================
Now, here's the way it originally appeared.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Cs6f8Co1Q8cJ:www.okcupid.com/forum%3Ftid%3D11271837632749812102+Illinois+Army+National+Guard+Maj.+L.+Tammy+Duckworth+sat+in+a+wheelchair&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=hp

"Very rarely have I met a more impressive person than Tammy Duckworth," said Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., in an article the day before she announced her candidacy Dec. 18. "She just has the poise and exudes the type of character that I think would make her an astounding public servant."

Duckworth is happy to point out that she and Hawai'i-raised Punahou graduate Obama have "a kama'aina connection."

Both were born outside the country ? Obama in Indonesia, Duckworth in Thailand ? and graduated from high school in Honolulu ? Punahou and McKinley, respectively.
Collapse -
Exactly...
by EdHannigan / August 6, 2010 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: uh, she never saw it

it's second hand hearsay. And is the Health Director a Republican? Not that it would matter.

I don't really think he was born in Africa, but clearly they are hiding something.

Collapse -
some other connections to it.
by James Denison / August 6, 2010 2:57 AM PDT
Collapse -
Obama ran as Kenyan born for Senate
by James Denison / August 6, 2010 3:11 AM PDT
Collapse -
URL farkled...
by EdHannigan / August 6, 2010 3:19 AM PDT

But what it says is this:

This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for not being a ?natural born citizen?, and in which Obama, by his quick retort, ?So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency?, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office. Seeing that an AP reporter is too professional to submit a story which was not based on confirmed sources (ostensibly the Obama campaign in this case), the inference seems inescapable: Obama himself was putting out in 2004, that he was born in Kenya.

Collapse -
depends
by jonah jones / August 6, 2010 6:13 AM PDT
In reply to: URL farkled...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-admitted-being-kenyan-born/question-930229/
This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for not being a ?natural born citizen?, and in which Obama, by his quick retort, ?So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency?, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office

which links to
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jan/08/ln/FP601080334.html

Posted on: Sunday, January 8, 2006

Duckworth working to win

By Will Hoover
Advertiser Staff Writer

CORRECTION: A correction on this story was published on Sunday, Jan. 15, 2006: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961. A Page One story last Sunday contained incorrect information about his birthplace.

who do you want to believe?

Collapse -
(NT) s o d a h e a d . c o m is filtered?
by jonah jones / August 6, 2010 6:14 AM PDT
In reply to: depends
Collapse -
The truth is what I want to believe...
by EdHannigan / August 6, 2010 6:18 AM PDT
In reply to: depends

Did Obama admit it or did he not? No one retracted that did they?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.