Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The Law

by Pat S / October 13, 2004 12:35 AM PDT

THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the US government determines that it is
against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority,
then so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a
law abiding US citizen.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think
that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the
American Public's best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God
and cannot Post His Commandments in Government buildings,

I don't believe the Government and it's employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas
celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday,
Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on
Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives
to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.

It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would
be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct".

In fact....

I think that our government should work on Sundays
(initially set aside for worshipping God...) because,
after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the 'majority' of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT...........

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Law
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Law
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) LOL! ! ! Pretty funny
by Dan McC / October 13, 2004 8:01 AM PDT
In reply to: The Law
Collapse -
The Law?What Law is that?
by Catgic / October 13, 2004 10:57 AM PDT

Patrick?For all intents and purposes:

"Under God" on our money, has effectively been replaced by "Under Self."

The "Ten Commandments" have been replaced by Letterman?s ?The Top Ten Reason?s for Keeping God out of Government.?

Pledging allegiance the flag of the USA, the Republic and our Annuit Coeptis, Novus Ordo Seclorum, E Pluribus Unum Nation under God, has somehow become a religious prayer of allegiance, not a free citizen?s pledge of national allegiance.

The old, traditional 12 holy days [holy days => holi-days] between Christ?s birth and the visit of Three Wise Men, which is the basis for the [holy day => holi-day] "break" in ?Christmas break,? has been replaced by the neo-pagan ?winter holiday? descriptor.

As far as getting politicians and government employees to agree to forego taking religious based holidays like Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas off; politicians and government employees never met an excuse for a paid day off they didn?t like...religious or secular.

Dave McCullough?s ?LOL? post on this was on the mark there.

I prefer to express the likelihood of this ever happening with the phrase:

?Neva Hatchi, Watashi!?

Collapse -
Sounds good to me - Lets get em thinking of the ...
by null. / October 13, 2004 7:07 PM PDT

Consequences of thier actions

Don Erickson
California Republican and very proud of it!

Collapse -
I think....
by C1ay / October 13, 2004 10:15 PM PDT

We should at least treat everyone the same under the law, that is what the 14th Amendment is about isn't it. In light of that then we should have national holidays for all faiths, not just Christian Holidays.

Let them declare all of the Jewish Holidays, at least the major ones, as national holidays as well, ie Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Shemini Atzeret, Simchat Torah, Chanukkah, Tu B'Shevat, Purim, Pesach (Passover), Lag B'Omer, Shavu'ot & Tisha B'Av.

Of course, it wouldn't be fair if we didn't do the same for the Islamic Holidays, ie Hijrah, Ashura, Mawlid Al-Nabi, Isra wa Al - Miraj, Ramadan, Laylat Al - Qadr, Eid al - Fitr, Eid al - Adha, Rabi Al-Awwal, Yom Arafat & Laylat Al-Baraa.

To do this though means we should also consider all of the holidays for Buddhists, Hinduists, Sikhists, Taoists, etc..

We should also consider that Saturday is the Sabbath in many beliefs so it should be treated the same as Sundays.

There are also a variety of calenders in use and they don't all have the same day for the New Year. Shouldn't we celebrate all of them.

Be sure to throw in any days I might have missed and then let me know how many work days we will have under the new schedule. Since it is currently the month of Ramadan I'll await your reply so that I'll know when to report back to work, if ever...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!