General discussion

the last time I posted I posted in the wrong Forum

when this Hp computer got here I call hp teg support a lot. at 1st I had copy some down

some computer information and I hope it is the information you need. if you need any model no.

or any of the other numbers let me know and I will email them to you. there is another thing you

might need to know my husband bought this HP computer at walmart. when it 1st got here and I

was trying to seek some help at getting it set up right. I had to get the recipe and give certain

information to HP to prove it was bought from walmart and it and it was under warranty. some one

from I think the vista forum did a lot of research and found out that the model number I had witch

is dv6809wn. the letter n is for Spanish speaking people and the m witch I should have had

because it was for English speaking people. I hope this is the only information you need.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service
Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612) System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6700

Notebook PC Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
(6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-PackardSystem Model: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC Card name:

NVIDIA MCP67M
Manufacturer: NVIDIAChip type: GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0531&SUBS YS_30CF103C&REV_A2 Display Memory:

1065 MB Dedicated Memory: 57 MB

I did not get the last part of my question answered. I posted it in the windows vista forum. I

have a lack of schooling, witch means I am not very good at computers. some how my desktop

clock. it had change itself to military time. I am not sure if that was done by the virus or not. I

could change the clock to the right time and when I turn the computer on and off it would change

back to military time. I cannot fine the paper I wrote it down on. it was where some kind of time

format had to be change. hp help me.
window live was helping me to get rid of the virus witch at one time I thought the virus was

gone. I am not sure now if it is or not. this is a hp computer running in windows vista. the setting

that was changed. I think it was internal clock setting. I am kind of doing this in the dark with a

flashlight. my husband and pets are sleeping. when it get daylight I will look for it and send it in

my next post if I need to. I thought all 3 clock had to be set at different times, but they did not.
they had to all be set at pacific time.
My main trouble was my avg virus scanner would not update and windows live sent me a

URL that had a SuperAntiSpyware to download to help get rid of the virus. I already had a

malwarebytes Anti-Malware that was sent to me before some time back from windows live to get rid

of a virus but it was not as bad as this was. it did get rid of the virus back then. one other download

was sent for me to do that was a combofix. I download both but the combofix fix I could not get a

good download of it. it would keep telling me I had to download another. I stop trying to save and

just click run and use it from the site. I was using all four some times even the avg even tho it was

not working right. when hp was helping me I wound up doing 2 different restore points and one

recovery manager. before the second restore hp told me after I did the second restore to update

what I could before calling then again. witch I did. then I called then and found out I was not

suppose to re download the spyware programs again. I was having other trouble and all that

spyware I had re downloaded was the cause of most of my trouble. while I was typing or just surfing

the net a black screen came up and it had to do with quick play. witch I think it has to do with

playing a game.before the second restore this is what avg said when I tried to update. (your

computer system time seems to be accurate. this may lead to false virus dataiabase up-to dateness

up-to dateness reporting please correct your system time if possible.) I was told by one person

that in all of his years of working with computer he had not seen a message like that. after the

second restore there was times I use 3 of the four trying to get rid of the virus and other times I

would use avg even tho it was not working right. I had finely gotten a good copy of combofix that is

when I was told to do a recovery manager and not to restall the other spy ware I told them that

with avg not working right I would not have any thing to use to try to get rid of this virus and they

said to download one spyware and not to have any more then one of each. I new I was only have

one virus protector. the avg virus had gotten much worse. I could not even get the line going from

side to side that tell you how much time it was going to take to do the update. it did not even show

you how big it was.

when I downloaded the other spyware before they told me I was not to redownload them I found

other spyware on my desktop and I think when I download one some thing els came with it. it was

the only way I could come up with that would explain how the other spyware got on my desk top.

after the recovery's manager I did. I could update windows and everything els would update

but not the avg, {I had ask windows vista forum if some one could tell me how I was to know what I

should keep to help get rid the virus? I did not know if I was to use them to get rid of the virus and

then unstall them?} now I am asking here how can you tell when some one says this could help you

get rid of the virus but does not tell you if you keep them after you get rid of the virus that they

could harm your computer. how do you know what to do? one other trouble I was having was some

of my desktop Icons would not even open. I got to where all I needed to do was fix the avg and hp

wanted me to do another restore and I said know I forgot to tell you I started to get some error's

from avg and this was one of them.(2Local machine: installation failed Installation:
Error: Action failed for file avgemc.exe: creating backup....Error 0x80070002 %DESTINATION% =

"C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe.install_backup_1", %SOURCE% = "C:\Program

Files\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe") I tried two different times to get avg to update by starting to do an

update and leaving it hook to the Internet all night. the 1st time it got disconnected and did not

do any thing, but the next night I tried it again and when I got up the next morning it was almost

threw updating. I have now gotten avg virus scanner and the SuperAntiSpyware working right. the

superantispyware one is the one that at least kept the virus in check. some time the

superantispyware says no infection and some times it does but the avg only has warning. the avg

does not say any thing about infection. should I unstall the superantispyware or keep it? this is

what I figure out how to copy the history.

Database Version 3786 - 03-05-2009
Adware.Vundo Variant 1 Items Added/Updated
Adware.Vundo/Variant 5 Items Added/Updated
Adware.Vundo/Variant-304k 1 Items Added/Updated
Adware.Vundo/Variant-86K 1 Items Added/Updated
Adware.Vundo/Variant-Small 1 Items Added/Updated
Rootkit.Agent/Gen-EthPoly 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Agent/Gen 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Agent/Gen-App217 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Agent/Gen-Disturbed 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Agent/Gen-ECard 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Agent/Gen-ExplorerFake 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Agent/Gen-GameMania 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Agent/Gen-PackedDropper 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Dropper/Gen-NV 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Dropper/Win-NV 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Unclassified-Packed/Suspicious 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Unclassified/Loader-Suspicious 1 Items Added/Updated
Trojan.Unknown Origin
I am sorry this is so long but did not know how to explaning it with out having to copy paste

all the error's and messages and problems I had to. I hope this make sense and that you can help

me. thanks Sharon sham1313

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: the last time I posted I posted in the wrong Forum
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: the last time I posted I posted in the wrong Forum
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I'm Having a Little Trouble

understanding your problem from your descriptions but I THINK....
what you have is a working copy of SAS & the log at the bottom of your post you copied & pasted is the list of definitions that were added to SAS by using it's updater. You should definitely keep it!! Use Updater daily to keep definitions up to date for best protection.

I think you also have a damaged AVG install which cannot update etc think you'll will have to un-install it and run AVG cleaner to get rid of left-over files and then re-install a NEW copy. AVG updating should take no more than a couple of minutes so there's definitely a
problem. You can get NEW copy of AVG 8 Free Here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Get AVG AVG Remover(32bit)
(avgremover.exe) to use after UN-installing current damaged AVG
but BEFORE installing new copy Here:
http://www.avg.com/download-tools

I would try all of the following in the following order:

1) Run another SAS scan & tell it to fix all it finds.

2) Go on net & get & save the new AVG & removal tool.
Disconnect from the internet.

3) Run a System File Checker scan to repair any damaged system files
to allow best working order so better chance of AVG correct
install. Here's How:
I think in Vista Home version the SFC has to be run from Safe Mode with admin. permission but NOT sure. Try as seen below:

Open a Command Window in Administrator mode:

* click Start
* click All Programs, then Accessories
* right click on the Command Prompt option,
* on the drop down menu which appears, click on the Run as Administrator option.

* If you haven?t disabled User Account Control (and you shouldn?t!) you will be asked for authorization. Click the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password.

2. Start the System File Checker

* In the Command Prompt window, type: sfc /scannow , NOTE 1 SPACE between sfc & the /. Important it be there.
* press Enter.
* You?ll see ?the system scan will begin?.

The scan may take some time and windows will repair/replace any corrupt or missing files. You will be asked to insert your Vista DVD if it?s needed. Hopefully you have one.

Close the Command Prompt Window when the job is finished.

3) Now un-install AVG using their un-installer or by add/delete
programs method.

4) run AVG removal tool.

5)Re-boot computer & log in as w/Admin privileged account.

6) Do new install of AVG 8 Free and then connect to net & run update
for latest definitions. Run AVG scan. Update daily.

Hope this helps. I don't use Vista so I'm a little iffy on what you
should see at each step. Good Luck & let us know how it works! Happy

- Collapse -
I hope this explane better and thank you

I will try do as you ask step by step, but I think you may have misunderstood some of what I wrote. one part is when I left avg for the second night connected to the Internet and click up date and left it connected to the Internet all night. IT DID FINLEY DID AN UPDATE. when I went to bed there were no time wrote in the avg interface it did not show you how long it was going to take. nor did it say how big the update was. you did not even see the line you were suppose to see when it does and update so you could see when it was threw. I just click update any way and left it connected to the net all night. we only have a dial up connection. when I went to the computer the next morning. you saw every thing you were suppose to see like how big the update was and you saw the update line going from side to side. also it said update finished.

before I did the 2 system restore and a recovery manager. I had done a back up. some on a backup that is plug in to the computer. it is called a flash voyager. it did not have enough space to hole 2 files that are very important. I put them on a disk. I put every thing on the desk top on the disk including the avg virus scanner. that was the only one thing that did not do a propber backup. the avg was on the flash Voyager too. that one did not back up right either. I only having a dial connection and it take forever to install or re-install.

during the time before the update that worked I tried update it took a time out. from that point on It started acting up. would not finish the update and other things would not update even windows would not update.

that is when I notice the desktop clock being on military time. I got help fixing the clock. I had to go to regional and language in the control panel click on customized this format I had to change it to this himmsstt. that made the clock stay on regular time and the prober time. (I had the check for virus's at that time the avg at that time was not working right) I said at that time the avg was not working right)but I had another think called malwarebytes anti-malware I check with it and it said there was a virus. I thing this malwarebytes is suppose to be some kind of spyware thing as will.

I wrote window vista forum for help I was sent 2 URL one had a superantispyware to download and one was called combofix. I wont repeat every thing that I said in my 1st post. I Will say I was using all of them from back to back to get rid of the virus. one of them would fine a trace of the virus when the other would not. then 3 of them said there was no virus. I think the one that help me get rid of the virus was the superantispyware. what I did not know is the malwarebytes the superantispyer and the combofix was in a group that could cause more computer trouble and they must have because I was having all kind of trouble AT THAT TIME. these 3 were extra things to keep to help your computer from getting a virus. hp teg help told me i should just have one virus protecter witch I new but they said i needed to get rid of the other 3 things that I had downloaded to get rid of the virus.
I just need to know if the Malwarebytes Anti-malwarethe combofix,and the superantispyware should only be downloaded to get rid of any virus and when the virus is gone do I need to get rid of them till next time?
(if so when THE AVG IS RIGHT I WILL ALL UNSTALL THE SUPERANTI-SPYWARE?}

Like I said at the top I left the computer connected to the Internet all night and had it trying to update and it looks like it updated. it says it did. are you saying I need to unstall and restall it and do the rest of the things in your post says to do

I don't know what a sas what I copy pasted was when I could not copy what I wanted to in the superantispyware I click on some thing that was in a box in the superantispyware pulled up a web page that look like what I was trying to copy in the superantispyware box. (it said the same thing.) This was said in the superantispyware box (Adware.Vundo Variant 1 Items Added/Updated) and it was said on the web page that pulled up.
I am very confused about that. thanks Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
I'll Try To Clear Up a Bit....

You should have ONLY 1 "Anti-Virus" running in real time (background).
AVG 8 Free Has AV in it. It ALSO has Anti-Spyware in it. These BOTH run in background in real time.

Malwarebytes MBAM.exe & SuperAnti-Spyware are both very good Anti-spyware in the FREE versions. They only run when you tell them to.
They DO NOT run in the background all the time so WILL NOT cause problem w/ AVG. You Update them each day & scan IF & When you want to. If working OK, keep both of them. Combofix is different and should NOT be used if you do not have to. you can keep it & NOT use it normally.

I'm worried that you may also have some NORTON AV left over? Norton probably came with the computer new for 3 months or maybe a year.
Did HP tech help Re-New Norton again when he helped fix machine??

IF Yes, then "hp teg help told me i should just have one virus protecter " (NORTON) is correct because Norton does not like any others around (including AVG!). This could cause problems w/ AVG & others. In that case you need to choose Norton or AVG and fully get rid of the other.

Thanks for telling about the dial-up (slow) connection. I was betting that the AVG you got was damaged in the download so suggested new copy just to be sure. If it's working & updating OK then no problem. Keep both SAS & Malwarebytes installed as well & run now & then. I run MBAM scan every day because it's fast (20 minutes) & SAS 1 time each week cause it takes 1 hour + to scan.

IF your computer is working well now, then after a few days, I would dump all your old system restore points because trouble could be hiding in there IF you restore to a "bad" date by accident.

I would run SFC scan to fix any damaged system files since it can not hurt. Hope this helps. Happy

- Collapse -
Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This answer I will always make sure I hang on to. I will not only have it in a must keep folders I have started. I will keep it on at least 2 different disks. I well get another download of the Malwarebytes MBAM.exe and keep in a certain folders and a copy of your answer will also be in there. I may or not get another copy of the combofix. I will keep a copy of this answer where I can get to it easy and refer back to it when I need see when and when not to use it.
this SAS we have talk a little about I did not even know what it was, but will fine it again on my computer or the Internets and put it in one of the special file and use as you have subjected.

now about the Norton it did come with the computer and yes it was one of the 1st things I unstall and put the avg in it place. Hp has ask me about using Norton and only had to tell them a couple of times I do not like it. in years back I have used and did not ever get it to half way to work. I will do another search to make sure Norton is gone. My ISP is netzero and they are the one that more then tries to get me to use it.

now about my AVG when I 1st started using it when I started doing computer. the free one always seem to keep my computer clean and virus free. I am using the paid for Avg this time and have not been to happy with it. the year is almost over and plan to try another one.
when I 1st got it I had trouble getting it to protecting ever thing and not sure even now if I do that look for a certain address its trying to establish connection. I have tried several ways and no matter what I type it says for some of the URL it cover and the ones it don't cover it say the address I put in the box that it is suppose to be covering what avg don't. I had wrote avg a bunch of times and it always take a long time to here back from them and they do not answer my question. what I have been told is the ones that the avg leave for the other address to care for. is like netzero, bluelight certain other sites to protect. today I will write all of that down and email that to you, how ever it puts those site in as warnings not virus's and always says they are virus free. avg has no phone number for Even the people that paid over 70.00 for it. I well sign off for now and write about the avg more next time. the last update scared me because. it would not even show it started even when i was on for 4 or 5 hours. I did not thing I would ever get it. the 1st time I got it. it took over 4 hours but this last I could be on for even six hours and it would not even show a start. more on that later
thanks Sharon sham1313
ps one more thing I will make sure I have a copy of your answer on at least 2 different disk. thank again

- Collapse -
this is the rest about avg and a bit about the clock

1st the clock. I new have all 3 clock set to pacific stander time, but it did not change time like it was suppose to. it is a hour behind time. when the time was suppose to change it did not. what setting do I need to fine and when I fine what I am suppose to change it to?
here is what I found out about avg under help then about avg.
AVG VERSION: 8.0.233
VIRUS DATABASE VERSION: 270:11.9/1989 10:43am
LINK SCANNER:version67
NEXT TAB: is program under this is a copy paste
This product uses:
RSA Data Security, Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm, Copyright (c) 1991-2, RSA Data Security, Inc. Created 1991
code from C-SaCzech library, Copyright (c) 1996-2001 Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
compression library zlib, Copyright (c) 1995-2002 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
compression library libbzip2, Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Julian R. Seward
Mailshell SpamCompiler, Copyright (c) 2006 Mailshell
-----------------------
then under that is that is could not copy paste
system: processor:x86family15 model04 stepping 2 Authenamo
operation system: Microsoft (R) windows (R)vista home premium
edition:{32bit}
bulilid number:6001
service pack 1
total memory: 3007MB
FREE memory:1602
let me know if you need any thing els
QUESTIONS I am not sure of the question I need to ask here. in order to make sure all pages are protected. there is a part that when 1st in stalled or re-install that says avg is trying to establish contact and when bluelight ISP it was wanting that address so I guess this time it would have said netzero but I did not see it this time whether it by passed or not I don't know. when avg change over it says had just tried in there some time ago to get it going to finish. it would say some thing like netzero is taking over and protected the pages it is not..I need to try to fine that box and write the proper thing into it. Do you know what to type there? let me try to try to explain better. THERE IS A BOX THAT IT SAY IT IS TRYING TO ESTABLISH CONTACT with because some thing els is suppose to be protecting the pages. I hope that make sense on the pages it says some thing els is suppose to protect those pages it list them as warning and never fines a virus in them some thing about them being secure sites.

I guess I need to know how to fine that box again?, and what to type in the box when it is found? thanks Sharon sham1313

this part to is about avg

program:
This product uses:
RSA Data Security, Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm, Copyright (c) 1991-2, RSA Data Security, Inc. Created 1991
code from C-SaCzech library, Copyright (c) 1996-2001 Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
compression library zlib, Copyright (c) 1995-2002 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
compression library libbzip2, Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Julian R. Seward
Mailshell SpamCompiler, Copyright (c) 2006 Mailshell

- Collapse -
Dealing With Windows Vista Time Sync Problems
- Collapse -
It is not making to much sense to me yet

I am not very good at working on and getting computer to work the way they are suppose to. I did go into setting and I did tried them all and got the same thing. what is in that box is time.nist.gov is that what it should me. I did just go ahead and change the time manually. I will keep reading and see of I can figure it out.
thanks Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
Hi,Sharon! In Normal Working Order....

Vista is not supposed to need a special patch for daylight savings.
There was an un-official patch put out by Intellimin for XP & 2000. I have used the XP one and it works fine. I agree with Lady M that it is more likely a problem with your internet time supplier.
Before I got the patch for XP, I just manually reset the clock by moving the time forward/back twice a year since it only takes 1 minute to do. DID you run System File Checker IN CASE the Vista file for Int. Time is damaged?

One of the problems w/ BOTH AVG & Norton is that to FULLY remove them
you need to run an un-install tool in addition to normal remove method because several files are left behind that can interfere with a good install of the next AV you want to use.

Some of the Norton files may still be hiding there & IF you un-install AVG, you will also need to run their removal tool after main un-install. Here 2 links to get the tools for Norton & AVG:
Norton Tool ( you may need to remember WHICH Norton Product you had):

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

AVG Removal tool: http://www.avg.com/download-tools

You're no only one having problems w/ new AVG 8 (free or paid).
They did put out a full Service Pack for AVG which I assume you got while updating.

If you want a straight forward Free AV program you might try Avira
(formerly Anti-Vir) It won't have problems w/ MBAM or SAS:
http://www.free-av.com/

Free AV & anti-Spyware program: Could try Avast 4 Home ( has more False positives I think but many people have no problem). It is more like AVG 8 in scope: http://www.avast.com/eng/free_virus_protectio.html

Both update every day thru built in updater.

I haven't kept up w/ NetZero of late. They USED to supply free dial-up in exchange for your ALLOWING their Spyware/Adware to be on your computer. If this is still the story, then your allowing in the stuff these programs (Anti Spyware types) are designed to get rid of!!!
Yes, this could cause all kinds of problems with installs etc.

NetZero in pay (Only?) version installs Norton! Users complain about
spyware, malicious code, re-directed searches, in-ability to stop billings (pay version)
EVEN AFTER canceling service & removing their software! The following link has several examples:
http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/comment.php?t=14675

The quote below is from a post about 2/3 down the page"

"My name is Jimmy Kolo and I am a certified security specialist. I design software configured for Windows and consider my personal computer to be 100% safe. My security system alerted me that their was a hijack attempt in progress on IE 7 and it also said that it was originating from C/Program/Files/NETZEROSEARCH.exe I ignored this warning as my security system said it had blocked it. I then entered in my search box a query on using my default search which is Microsoft.com and was told either "sorry their were no results found for you question, try these listings" and they were all net zero sponsors... also there was a net zero banner on the top of the page... What I did to resolve this is go to my computer, click then click on local disk C, click on Programs, and I found 2 Netzero folders. 1 was listed as Net zero search.. I opened it and clicked on one of then DAT files and sure enough there was malicious code so I deleted the entire folder restarted my computer and NO MORE HIJACK or redirected searches, I also noticed right away that I can browse alot faster and web pages even load quicker.. They should call themselves Netspy... anyway Beware of net zero they are dirty!!!". (2007).

I hate to say it, but in my honest opinion, having NetZero as your ISP & having it on board your computer, security can't really be yours.
We could battle all month & still come up with problems being downloaded every day because NetZero is being paid to send them to you! I feel the same about AOL too. Their program may very well also conflict w/ Vista's own built in security features causing even more problems.

I wish you luck!! Happy

- Collapse -
wow !!!!! I have a lot to do and a lot to think about

I am going to read and re-read this last post you have wrote and make sure I do every thing and check into every you have said in this last post. as I do I will try to take notes and write question as I go along. I have kick myself many times for not finishing school. I know if I would have this would be a lot easier for me to do. you say a lot of people are having the same trouble. when I re-read I will fine out if you are talking about the clock or the avg or a different kind of properly that I am having. I want to thank you many times over for the help that I am getting from you. sense the dogs have woke me up to go out side. {are female American bulldog is in heat the dogs don't give me much of a chance to try to sleep,} so now I will get started and do my best to get this computer running like it should. thanks again for all your help so far. Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
you both say likelya problem with yourinternet time supplier

likely a problem with your Internet time supplier.

is a time supplier your ISP? may sound like a stupid question, but I really don't know. you said you used the xp patch and it work. were you using xp and it work because you were using xp, or were you using an windows vista and xp work on windows vista? you ask if I run System File Checker IN CASE the Vista file for Int. Time is damaged? not sure what file checker is. is that what it is called a file checker? would go to start and do a search by typing file checker and do the search?
as far as Norton goes I just new it was a security virus scanner. I do not like Norton so I went right into control panel and un-installed it. I did not look at anything about Norton. I did not see the registry number. sense I don't have the registry no. how can I make sure I have all of Norton unstalled now? is there another remover like a malware remover, would that do it?

I am using avg virus scanner. are you saying, I should unstall the avg scanner?I am not sure if I should download any Norton remover till to let me know if I should, and what Norton removal might get rid of any Norton I have left on my computer? maybe there another remover you know of that would be able to fine Norton and remove what ever is left.
some times I update avg once early morning and again before I go to bed. lf you thing I should download a free one to make sure I full protection I will. the part I really don't like is even paying customer all question go threw email and a lot of time the page won't send. once you have filled out every thing you click send and nothing happens.
witch one should I download or should I download them all?
Download Programs
Download Updates
Download Skins
Download Datasheets
Download User Guides
I am not sure how to make sure I do it threw built on updater?
about a year ago my ISP was bluelight I did not have as many problem with them as I do with netzero, but I only pay 6.00 a month. right now the computer phone is the house phone and also my husband work phone any time his bosses need him or one of the tenets have a home repare or a plug up toilet. the phone has to be free for his calls when they need to get a hold of him. I hope soon to fine a isp that is better then dsl or any thing like that. that does not cost a arm and a leg. (smile) do you know of one?

reading is hard for me I have to force myself to read but, this URL you sent me. http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/comment.php?t=14675
I will do a lot of reading there. thanks for sending it.

even if I don't fine an ISP like we want in an hurry that is what mike and I am looking for, I am going to try to get him to want to change to any other Isp real soon . thanks for your time and I will let you know how things are going and let you how much the reading has help me, thanks Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
PLEASE! I REALLY NEED HELP THIS TIME!!!

PLEASE! I REALLY NEED HELP THIS TIME!!!
------------------------------
serial CNF8161SSZ model no DV6809WN now with number I don't no if you need this information I will try to make this part short. when my husband bought this computer not quite a year ago he bought it at walmart. it is
windows vista. I needed help so I called HP and they could not fine any thing about this computer,and said it was out of warranty. I got the recipe and prove to then it was a new computer. then they tried to help me. then I found your site and become a member. some one here did a lot of research and found out the letter (N) at the end of the model number was suppose to be use my Spanish speaking people. the letter (M) witch my computer says the letter (n) and it should say (M), would be for English speaking people. I have had to explain this to a lot of people because walmart goofed and sold my husband one for Spanish speaking people, and not English. the deal is just that the number DV6809WN should me (DV6809WM.)now then the product is KN854UA

memory 3.00GB System type 32-bit operating.
here is other information and at the botton the rest of the problem.

----------------------------------------
Operating System: Windows Vista™

Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service

Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Notebook PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home

Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1

(6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
Language: English (Regional Setting:

English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Notebook PC
Card name: NVIDIA MCP67M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key:

Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0531&SUBS

YS_30CF103C&REV_A2
Display Memory: 1065 MB
Dedicated Memory: 57 MB
Shared Memory: 1007 MB
-------------------------------

last night I only had one problem witch was when I get connected to the Internet after I was on for only 10 or 15 teen mins it would disconnect me. I called hp to help me. the teg them help me change one setting and he was going to change one more setting, but I ask him if he could call me back at a certain time or if I could call him back to finish. he said not a problem and some one was to call me back at 7pm. at 7thirty I called them. I talk to a lady teg. I told her what the trouble and that I was told there was one more setting I needed to change. then I should connect and see if I still had the same trouble. witch was only being on the Internet 10 or 15teen min and see if it would still disconnect me.I thought she understood about changing a setting.

she started to talk me threw a few steps and I said to her again I thought we were going to look and change a setting that had to do with getting disconnecting from the Internet after 10 to 15 teen mins. only being on for a short time. she had no reply to that. just told me the next thing she wanted me to do. I am trying to think and think hard about what she was having me do. during part of it she had me to keep taping the f8 key when we was restarting it. then she put it in safe mode.
then she said for me to try to connect to the Internet. I tried it and all it would do is start to open and fade away. she told me what to do and wound up with a black box that came up on the screen and type some thing there. I can not tell you what. she wound up having to repeat over and over saying each letter one by one. I could not clearly here her.

alto this was just yesterday I am not sure of everything we did. I did not even know till the end of the call that I was trouble shooter and she wanting me to make sure I called them back, witch at did at 3am this morning.she also did not tell me why or for what reason we were doing trouble shooting for. I told her like I told the other teg to see if they could call me back or me them.

I ask her if what we had done was going to allow me to reconnect to the Internet or not later that night. then she said let see. i was able to conet so i told her. i call her back in the morning. when i connected this morning and was going to update my avg virus protector. I saw a white empty spot were a list of components were suppose to me. i called hp teg and they wanted to unstall avg an put Norton back it the computert. they said they could x my problem that way. i talk to a supervisor no one new any thing about avg and wanted me to change to Norton. i said no because l always had trouble with Norton and did not want to use it ever. I have also found out that avg is not listed in the setting that you can unstall it, that don't make any sense. but it it is true, because i have the icon on my desk top and can open the interface. it just has no component there.

i told them when my husband wakes up i would talk to him and would called them back after that. that is where i am at right now. while i am waiting for daylight i thought i would ask you to see if you would help me this time. i will try to make sure you get information you need in order to help me. I have been writing this on a note pad on my desk top. I will at 1st do a copy paste to my bluelight mail and check it for error's then copy paste it to this post then send it. let me know please if you can help and if you need any other information.

thanks Sharon sham1313

{TO REPEAT QUESTION HOW CAN I FIX MY AVG? WHY CAN'T I FINE IT IN THE UN STALL PROGRAM? THE ONE I DON"T UNDERSTAND IS WHY MY BACKUP HERE PLUG INTO THE COMPUTER ALSO ON THE DISK. WHEN I OPEN THE AVG THERE IS NO COMPO NETS} THERE. (WHY?)

- Collapse -
I forgot to put this

I forgot to tell you avg version 8.0.233 virus database version 270.11.13/1999
windows version 6.0
thanks sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
To Fix AVG 8 Try First...

click icon on desktop for AVG (you have ONLY 1 correct?). When interface appears, double left click on Control Center. Does AVG icon down by clock now show all 4 colors? Then it should be protecting. I don't have & can not use AVG 8 so I can only guess it's like AVG 7.5.

Your post shows avi "/1999" & todays is only "/2000" so your defs are only 1 day old which is good. OK.

You said when you click on AVG on desktop "there are no components there". Do you mean you just have an empty box w/ AVG at top?
If that's true, then it is screwed and has to be un-installed via "AVG Remover/un-install tool" : http://www.avg.com/download-tools
Download and save that tool.

Download & save a NEW copy of AVG free:
http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=afe
Keep this new one away from last copy if you still have so you don't get them mixed up. Once you have new safe, delete old saved copy.

Download & save copy of Norton removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Disconnect from internet for next parts.

1) Double click NORTON/SYMANTEC removal tool to run run it.
If parts of Norton are still there, they can corrupt AVG install so they have to go first! NOW Re-start computer.

2)Double click AVG removal tool to run it. Then re-start computer.
IF AVG ICON still on desktop, right click & choose "delete" & empty recycle bin.

3) Now double click NEW copy of AVG installer to install it. You may now re-connect to internet to let it update it's definitions.
Now leave net .

Now re-start your computer & run AVG 8 full scan. Let it remove what it finds. You should have a good working AVG at this point.

If you still have NetZero, then I won't respond further as it can be major trouble source in my opinion and there is no help I can give. Sorry. Happy

- Collapse -
thanks a lot for your answer!!!

This is just a short note to let you know I got your reply and trying to figure how just to do like you say to do.I will let you know that Norton did come with the computer and I unstalled it, but not sure if I got it all or not. there is just the one AVG on the desktop. no others just that one.
I do have one on my backup program. I also have on two different disk's. also I have the original start up
install disk.
I did look at the other disks and was surprise to see no component there either. I just see a white empty box. that itself confused me. even more so when I could not fine it in the unstall program. I will try to do each step one at a time and I will get back to you if I need further help or get threw.
thanks Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
here's is I think 3 more guestions and then I pray it works

Sharon & Mike Hammons,Sweetpea BF Amazon,Shadow African Grey, Sir Jacob Satbation and surgar pine our American BullDogs,(smile) I had wrote a couple of short notes to add to the last post of what I forgot to say, but I see they did not post so Hope I remember to tell what I did not get posted as well as what I am about to post now. I am not sure if you know that I have the paid version of avg. and I have been very disappointed with there help. when I have wrote them it has always at least took 2 or more weeks to hear from them and not even there paid costumers get a phone no. to call.

I am not sure what version of Norton was in the computer when we 1st bought it, so how do I choose witch Norton to try to remove?

with the avg it says it can take more then one restart. how do you know how many restarts to do? or does it just restart it self as many times as it takes to get rid of it all?

when I tried to do it with the install disk even if it would have work it would have take a long time to update but this is what I got when I did.

Local machine: installation failed
Installation:
Error: Action failed for file avg.exec: starting service....
Error 0x80070002
Rollback:
Error: Action failed for file avgcfg.log: restoring from backup....
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log.install_backup_11"
Error: Action failed for file avgwd.log: restoring from backup....
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log.install_backup_10"

I guess I need the question above answer before I can proceed. one more thing after the norton is all gone can I start off with the disk that it was 1st install with? thanks a lot for your help and time.
Thanks Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
one more short note

with me being kind of a scatter brain right now, because i am having to do a little computer here and there when the computer says it needs a reboot I have to close every thing and not sure of what i wanted to send last time got sent or not. all I said tho is I thank you for you help. and sorry for awhile I have to stick with netzero the house phone is also the computer phone and my husbands bosses pay for the bill. right now netzero charged my card 6.95 and were trying to get his bosses to let us get hughesnet.com or cable att. at the momet because of vet bills cannot afrd to put much more on it. till I make a couple of payments. thanks again for your help. Sharon
I am sending this with out proof reading

- Collapse -
forgot some thing

the install disk wont work with how it is now. just thought you should know. thanks Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
this is important

one more thing I have the paid version and trying to re- install or trying to an update I get this
Installation:
Error: Action failed for file avgemc.exe: starting service....
Error 0x80070002
Rollback:
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log.install_backup_9"

- Collapse -
well I am not sure now what

I had wrote a couple of short notes to add to the last post of what I forgot to say, but I see they did not post so Hope I remeber to tell what I did not get posted as well as what I am about to post now. I am not sure if you know that I have the paid version of avg. and I have been very disapponted with there help. when I have wrote them it has always at least took 2 or more weeks to hear from them and not even there paid coustmers get a phone no. to call.

I am not sure what version of norton was in the computer when we 1st bought it, so how do I choose witch norton to try to remove?

with the avg it says it can take more then one restart. how do you know how many restarts to do? or does it just restart it self as many times as it takes to get rid of it all?

when I tried to do it with the install disk even if it would have work it would have take a long time to update but this is what I got when I did.

Installation:
Error 0x80070002
Rollback:
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log.install_backup_11"
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log.install_backup_10"

I guess I need the question above answer before I can proceed. one more thing after the norton is all gone can I start off with the disk that it was 1st install with? thanks a lot for your help and time.
Thanks Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
after I redthe last sentence you may not answer my lastques

I have to stay with netzero a bit longer. right now they charge me 6.95 and it goes on my credit card. I hope soon maybe we can get hughesnet.com or cable att. thanks for you help so far.
Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
not sure what to do

I did like your email said, and then i tried to install the original paid for version of AVG disk, and this game up will I should say I TRIED 2 times. the 1st time it said error 3 and i lost my copy of the error message. the second time the error message was not so long and said this (

Installation:
Error 0x80070002
Rollback:
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg
I know you said you wont reply, but I am going to try to explain to my husband again and maybe we could get another cheep one till he can talk his bosses into upgrading to something like hughesnet or att.
maybe you will answer just one more question. do you know of a cheep good ISP till I can do better? thanks Sharon sham1313 I cannot come back on line till this evening. I need to be off a bit before 8am. my husband has the rent sign and expecting a lot of calls. his bosses wants the line free for calls from 8am till 9pm. thanks for all your great help so far. Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
2nd not sure what to do

I tried one last time to install with the disk after i use the AVG remove tool
Installation:
Error 0x80070002
Rollback:
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log.install_backup_15"
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log.install_backup_17"

- Collapse -
some good news you I think will help me now.

I cannot get in my mail to check if I have any reply so why I am waiting to see if my bluelight mail will open. I tell ya some good news. at noon my husband came home with a box in his hand. I could not believe it. if he dose not hook it up this evening he well tomorrow, and then well be on ATT witch the bosses pay for because he can always get there calls when he is needed. I don't know if there any avg left on the computer or Norton. as soon as I can check my mail I want to start trying to fix the AVG. just not sure what I am going to do. till later

thanks Sharon sham1313.

- Collapse -
I am not sure where I am at

I do not know if I should just keep writing post at the end of the post. not sure where to start. till we get the att started witch I hope is very soon. I call them this morning and sense I did not have the phone bill to give them a certain code I could not start the account. the main boss art as to call them he is a 80 year old man. maybe my husband can get the phone bill and I can call. some times even art being 80 years old can be hard to track down and cannot call him after a certain time becuse he would be in bed. maybe his art son-in-law Rick or John can do some thing tomorrow. even tho things are looking up because we have the modem and the cables hook up still have to wait for account to be fully open. the longer I have to waite to get the avg installed right I scared of catching another bad bug to destroy the computer before I can do any thing about it. all I have to protect this computer is the superantispyware program. I know windows has a little protection and windows defender some. that is not enought to stop most virus. in till art or one of his son-in-laws do some thing I am still a prisoner of netzero
I have try to remove avg but cannot seem to get all of it I found some in a few different files. I do not know if i can just delete them or if the avg removal tool has to be able to locate them to unstall them. when I have thought I have had all avg remove I have gotten from erorr 2 up to 4 I am trying to fine where I have all them copy pasted at.
this is one of the error

Installation:
Error 0x80070002
Rollback:
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log.install_backup_9"
Installation:
Error 0x80070002
Rollback:
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log.install_backup_18"
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log.install_backup_23
-------------------------------------------------------------here another
Installation:
Error 0x80070002
Rollback:
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgcfg.log.install_backup_13"
Error 0x800700b7 %DESTINATION% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log", %SOURCE% = "C:\ProgramData\avg8\Log\avgwd.log.install_backup_13"
I will start
I will start with those those two.
I wants again sense my husband got the rent signs out and I know the won't be calling to try to rent this late but one of his bosses may call about who he has interview and show the apts too. at the same time if they call the sooner my husband can talk to one of them the sooner we can get att started. it is suppose to only be 29.95 a mounth. we wont have to pay the bill any way.

sense my email is giving me trouble again I will have to send this with out checking the spelling on this post before I send it. I hope it is not hard to read or understand.
thanks Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
My Last Try On This....

as I really can't advise you further partially since I don't have AVG 8 so can't produce on my machine or even see what you see. Hopefully someone else is willing to give a try.

SEE FAQ #1676 on page below for link to AVG ResAcc utility :

http://free.avg.com/faq.num-1676#faq_1676

Error 0x80070002

Error 0x800700b7

Check THIS first!!

You can check this. I DON'T think this is a problem for you but best to make sure you don't have this problem which can block install of AV & Anti-spyware programs:

Click on Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc and click OK

On the View menu click on Show hidden devices
Browse to Non-Plug and Play Drivers and you should see something like

TDSSspax.sys
TDSSServ.sys
gaopdxserv.sys
UACmxegjtve.sys

Highlight that driver and right click on it and select DISABLE - NOT uninstall.
Now RESTART your computer.

JMHO: If you get AT&T ISP I suggest NOT using their browser but get Firefox & Sun Java 6 installed & use instead. Good Luck! Happy

- Collapse -
ATT I will try here to let you know

It took a couple of more days to get the modem right and every think done in the right way. every thing just had to be so so but it was worth all the trouble I went to with a lot of your help. now there no netzero on my computer at all I have no virus and every thing seem to be running alright, and YES I have ATT now. every thing is so much faster, easier, and fun. thanks Sharon sham1313
P.S. can you let Marianna Schmudlach's, DChrisL know this and thank them for there help I cannot see to get a post to them.

- Collapse -
If You Get It On, Please Note...
- Collapse -
hopefully soon today I will get the hook up for att

when I DO and what you have help me with i will just try 8.0 the free one and hope it go over the avg that is hiding in this computer. right now i am going threw the url's you have sent to fine that certain one that has the 8.0version i may have to waite till tonight and download it before i go to bed. thanks again. sharon

- Collapse -
OK! I am at the start againn start again

You say click on that driver
I see firewall driver
crcdisk filter driver
ISA/EISA Class driver
kernel mode driver frameworks service

there are other drivers I am not sure what driver to high light. I thank you for trying to help one more time. I hope this is all I need is this post and your last post. if I need more I HOPE some one els will pick up where you left off. you have help me a lot. I am thinking that virus is still giving me trouble that the reason is with all of your help and still having trouble.
I THANK YOU AGAIN!!!Sharon sham1313

- Collapse -
I forgot

I don't see any quite like this
TDSSspax.sys
TDSSServ.sys
gaopdxserv.sys
UACmxegjtve.sys
thanks sharon

CNET Forums

Forum Info