The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

The LAST iPhone thread !!!! FAQs by David Pogue

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The LAST iPhone thread !!!! FAQs by David Pogue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The LAST iPhone thread !!!! FAQs by David Pogue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Jebus!

In reply to: The LAST iPhone thread !!!! FAQs by David Pogue

wow, here's a quick cross post for those who don't want to go to the link, but if these FAQ's are indeed true, this thing really does SUCK hardcore. My comments in parens().

Can it run Mac OS X programs? ?No. (what the hell is the point of touting OSX on the phone if it can't run the apps?)

Does it connect to iChat? ?No. (Wow, thanks for not putting in the IM functionality of EVERY OTHER PHONE ON THE MARKET)

Does it have games? ?No. (I find this hard to believe, I mean nobody can screw up that bad!)

Is it ambidextrous? ?No. (Suck it up leftys)

Does it have GPS? ?No. (Probably will sooner or later, most phones on the market right now dont have it either, at least not for free)

Voice recognition? Voice dialing? Voice memos? ?No, although this could change by June when the phone ships. (Duh, another feature thats in pretty much every phone nowadays, what are they doing over there at apple?)

Does it get onto the HSDPA (3G) high-speed Internet network that Cingular has rolled out in a few cities? ?No. But Steve Jobs said a later version of the iPhone will ? once there?s enough HSDPA coverage in this country to justify it. (Ok, so we have this device thats supposed to double as a mini computer but it doesnt take advantage of the high speed of its only carrier ... genius steve jobs ... pure genius.)

Does the Web browser support Flash or Java? ?No. (Thanks for the great functionality and compatibility!)

Can you change the battery yourself? ?No. You?ll have to send the phone in to Apple for battery replacement, just as with the iPods. (Oh yeah, I'm sure people will really want to go without their cellphone for days. I still cringe at the fact that one day I will have to part with my iPod to get a new battery.)

Can it open Word and Excel documents? ?No. (Wait!! I thought the corporate users with the big bucks were supposed to goggle this thing up????)

Will it sync with Outlook? ?No. ( Microsoft Exchange is the leading technology for corporate email systems and no support for synch! I can just see those huge corporate sales now ...)

Apple needed to hire ME before they decided to release this thing.

Collapse -
Why should they promote Microsoft?

In reply to: Jebus!

I applaud them for not syncing with Outlook. This is a consumer product and not a corporate product. If a corporation wants their employees to have mobile email, they should provide them with Blackberrys.

Collapse -
I can believe that I just responded to an iPhone thread.

In reply to: Why should they promote Microsoft?

Is this the last iPhone thread really?

Collapse -
Hopefully

In reply to: I can believe that I just responded to an iPhone thread.

I'm definitely a fan of focused discussion across few threads instead of being all over the place across 20 threads.

-Ryan

Collapse -
He answered a lot of FAQs

In reply to: Jebus!

but if you watch his video you will notice that despite all he says it doesn't do, he wants one.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.