Speakeasy forum

General discussion

the joy of islam (2)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: the joy of islam (2)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: the joy of islam (2)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) aa

In reply to: the joy of islam (2)

Collapse -
STOP

STOP POSTING THIS STUFF NO ONE CARES!

[Edited by: admin]

Collapse -
Look Around,they're your neighbors,co-workers......

In reply to: STOP

business owners,your doctor??.... ya better care

[Edited by: admin]

Collapse -
Misunderstood

In reply to: Look Around,they're your neighbors,co-workers......

The poster is created a sterotype of muslims by trying to say that there all Terroist, infact their not. You shouldn't degrade muslims because of their faith.

Collapse -
Not necessary/

In reply to: STOP

Those are not Jonah's words.

He posted a survey that was conducted by a recognized news source.

He is British, and the survey was taken in Britain. The questions were put to Muslims in Britain, and their responses were tallied.

You will note that 91% of the responders were against the bombings there.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Sorry

In reply to: Not necessary/

Sorry, I appologize.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Apology accepted. Thank you !

In reply to: Sorry

Collapse -
So much for multiculturalism!

The opinion poll for Sky News revealed that roughly the same number (nearly half) thought of themselves as Muslims first and British second.

I'm an American who happens to be a Presbyterian, NOT a Presbyterian who happens to live in the United States. The difference between the two halves of the previous sentence should be obvious.

IMO, this is the inevitable result of a nation failing to insist - no, demand - that those who emigrate to it commit to the values and traditions of their new homeland.

We here in the U.S., alas, do much the same thing; I wonder when we'll begin seeing the same result?
Collapse -
We in the US

In reply to: So much for multiculturalism!

We here in the U.S., alas, do much the same thing; I wonder when we'll begin seeing the same result?

The only difference I cling to, is that we do not have the vocal religious leaders as overtly preaching hate/violence. Here's hoping the ACLU has not been successful in thwarting efforts to eviscerate such actions conducted in more covert arenas.

Evie Happy
Collapse -
Which comes first for you Paul -- God or country?

In reply to: So much for multiculturalism!

Usually that's not a choice that has to be made -- but once in a while it does. Don't forget that for a devout Muslim, that's what's at issue -- not whether one is a Presbyterian, Episcopalian, or Baptist. Most Christian sects also teach that one's duty to God supercedes one's duty to country on the rare occasions when they come into conflict. To avoid more recent (and hence controversial) examples, while on tour of York (England) last week we chanced upon a shrine to a woman executed in cruel fashion during the 17th Century for the crime of hiding a Catholic priest in her home -- that was considered treason to the Crown, and hence country. She was one of forty such "English martyrs" canonized in 1970, and there are hundred more who are "venerable" or "blessed." Also note that the Boy Scout oath is "For God and Country" -- not the reverse.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
But it seems that

In reply to: Which comes first for you Paul -- God or country?

.....Which comes first for you Paul -- God or country? Usually that's not a choice that has to be made -- but once in a while it does. Don't forget that for a devout Muslim, that's what's at issue.......

The problem seems to be that many, if not most, demand the government follow their religious rules as law. They do seem everything that isn't per their religion an intended insult and attempt to destroy them. So if all devout Muslims feel that they cannot live under the laws of the country they live it, should they strive to overthrow the governments (as many immans seem to preach regularly) of all the countries they're living within?

It appears not so much a conflict between being British and Muslim, but a conflict between not ruling by Islamic law. The conflict stated often enough is Islam against ALL INFIDELS, meaning anyone not Islamic, and for the fanatics, anyone not their particular sect of Islam.

I've heard it claimed that Puritans came to America not for religious freedom, but to established communities where they could persecute anyone that didn't follow their creed.

That standard is what appears to be the goal of many of the immans preaching, demanding that all bow to their views or else they will be declared enemies of Islam and eliminated.

Not all Mulsims believe that, but that is the question for the rest of us. Those that do may truly believe it's a case of conflict between their religious truth and government law. And they may believe they are requried to overcome by all means possible, including terrorism, the infidels they see all around them.

THAT is the problem for everyone else. As fanatics of all religions and beliefs have proven in the past, there is no negotiating or compromise with those on a 'holy war'.

JMO

Roger

Collapse -
You read a lot more into their response than I did, Roger.

In reply to: But it seems that

I was taking the aversion to considering oneself "a Muslim first" at face value, not addressing the more complicated issues you're bringing up. Incidentally (and tragically), many of the beautiful stained glass windows and statues in the English and Irish cathedrals were destroyed by the Puritans, who had a very iconoclastic view of religious art (if you're familiar with the origins of that word...)

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
When the nearest street corner Imman is preaching

In reply to: You read a lot more into their response than I did, Roger.

the need to undermine and destroy the British government, the choice of Mulsim first and British second seems exactly the choice between citizens and terrorists.

JMO

Roger

Collapse -
I believe fanatic is the key word

In reply to: But it seems that

Fanatic itself is an invention of around 1525, meaning ''insane person''. It comes from the Modern Latin fanaticus, meaning ''insanely but divinely inspired''. The word originally pertained to a temple or sacred pl

Fanaticism is misplaced enthusiasm, over zealous, no spiritual self control...

There is only one step from fanaticism to barbarism.
- Denis Diderot

I've heard it claimed that Puritans came to America not for religious freedom, but to established communities where they could persecute anyone that didn't follow their creed

That is like one saying the Alamo was fought for the rights of Protestants to practice it?s religion over the Catholics?

Collapse -
Reply:

In reply to: Which comes first for you Paul -- God or country?

Most Christian sects also teach that one's duty to God supercedes one's duty to country on the rare occasions when they come into conflict. To avoid more recent (and hence controversial) examples, while on tour of York (England) last week we chanced upon a shrine to a woman executed in cruel fashion during the 17th Century for the crime of hiding a Catholic priest in her home -- that was considered treason to the Crown, and hence country.

The operative word here, Dave, is "rare." Besides, we Christians are far past that sort of thing; the question that is now before us is "Will Muslims realize that the God versus country conundrum is in fact rare, or will they continue to live in the 8th century?"
Collapse -
So you're going to tar that whole population because 2%

agree with the bombers, and probably no more than 20 or 30 have been willing to be involved however tangentially in terrorism?

Of course most Muslims identify as Muslims first. Most of them are immigrants from elsewhere, what else have they got to hold on to? Until recently most Italian Americans identified themselves as Italians first and Americans second. The farther from their immigrant ancestors people get the more likely they are to identify with their country of birth and long family residency.

Sky News, another Rupert Murdoch faux news entity, just like Faux News itself has construed this 2% as justifying a statement like "Radical clerics... are not out of touch with mainstream Muslim views". Since when does 2% equal Mainstream? This is an example of biased reporting of the worst sort.

You of all people are likely to understand this, Jonah.

Rob

Collapse -
judge not others, as you would judge yourself?

In reply to: So you're going to tar that whole population because 2%

in the first place....i posted it as a news item..

secondly, i AM the last person to use the tar brush on muslims...

thirdly...you misread the article!!!

#Radical clerics who preach violence are not out of touch with mainstream Muslim views, according to nearly half of British Muslims questioned in a poll#

nearly half? 49%? 45%? 43%?

Collapse -
There's a solution here, Rob.

Let the 98% expel, or better yet, turn in the 2%. NOW. Any other course of action is, IMO, unacceptable.

Collapse -
And if they're unable or UNWILLING to do so...

In reply to: There's a solution here, Rob.

..then purge 100% of them from the civilized world, beginning with here. If changes to our Constitution must be made, let's make the changes now. But let's end this war quickly. It's already been declared and waged by the other (inferior) side, so let there be no doubt, it's most definitely war. Only REAL Americans and right thinking people have any honor and standing here. Subhuman suicide bombers and their allies are worth far less than the lowly cockroach.

Who bombed the USS Cole? Muslims

Who bombed the Marine barricks? Muslims

Who were the cowards who killed the disabled Leon Klinghoffer by pushing his wheelchair off a ship? Muslims

Who tried to blow up the WTC but failed, before 9/11? Muslims

Who flew planes into the World Trade Center buildings and killed 3000 people on 9/11/01 for Satanic "fun"? Muslims

Who blew up the subway / tube and a bus for Satanic "fun" on 7/7/05 after sponging off the welfare benefits of the Brits? Muslims.

Who tried to do it again a couple of weeks later? Muslims (trust me, it was Muslims)

Who blew up the TWA flight to Lockerbie? Muslims

If you have to associate a word with "terrorist" what word would you associate? Muslims

Who could report the terrorists in their midst to the police but so far haven't done crap, not a damn thing, to do so? Muslims

Does this FACT make the whole Muslim community accomplices to the terrorists? Yes

It almost makes me puke when anybody says anything against profiling, because who is terrorizing the world today? Muslims

Can a backward Muslim take their Koran into Christian lands and sponge off of the welfare benefits and good will of Christians while the wormy ingrate immigrant preaches hate and jihad and everything in the world against Christians and Jews and the vastly superior West? Yes

Can a Christian even take a bible into a backward Muslim land? No

Will a leftist MPD who allies him/herself with Muslim terrorists and with any and all enemies of the USA send a modalert after reading this post? Yes, most definitely, probably using at least 3 or 4 names, lol.

Will I care? No, not one bit. Never have, never will.

And on and on and on. There's more, lots lots more. Anybody who denies it is just plain stupid and denying reality while worshiping leftist Political Correctness.

I choose to ignore PC. Peaceful religion my ascii... let them prove it for a few hundred, no, a few thousand years, then PERHAPS I'll reconsider the possibility of believing that claim, but probably not. So far they've failed in every way imaginable and I'm ready to put an end to this, one way or another.

If necessary, and it appears it is, I say to begin by forbidding any immigration to the US by any Muslim unless it is proven in advance that the immigrant would be beneficial to the real Americans of the USA. If that doesn't work we'll soon have to purge the land of this evil. If that is required, the sooner we start the better. Whatever it takes is what we should do.

DE

Collapse -
Agree 100%

In reply to: And if they're unable or UNWILLING to do so...

Purge 100% of them from the civilized world.
They havnt become cililized after all this time so not much chance they ever will.

Collapse -
again...

In reply to: Agree 100%

I pitty you and your ignorence...

Collapse -
Purge 100% of them from the civilized world?

In reply to: Agree 100%

Then why is BushCo spending billions of our dollars and hundreds of our young men and women's lives fighting for their freedom. Kind of stupid isn't it?

Sad

Collapse -
2%

Try to re-read the article without any bias. 2% agreed with the London bombings, not the whole holy war or imans.

Tom

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.