General discussion

The Jabberwocky & The Queen

Unbelievable. Please learn to recognize their national anthem. How many years has it been?! The national anthem plays and Obama jabbers on and on.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obamas-toast-to-the-queen-triggers-awkward-orchestral-moment/

Then the familiar tune - you might know it better as "My Country 'Tis of Thee" - started up.

The president kept going: " - of the special relationship between our peoples and for the words of Shakespeare to this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England," the president said as the awkward moment played out.

The Queen looked ahead as the UK anthem played.

"To the Queen," the president finally said.

And the band played on.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: The Jabberwocky & The Queen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: The Jabberwocky & The Queen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
He made fewer BooBoos than I would.
- Collapse -
The similarities between.....

O'bama and Clark Griswold are astounding Laugh

And I thought Biden was a gaffe machine.

- Collapse -
Lampoon's Vacation

LOL, that was a good comparison!!

- Collapse -
Wasn't there a Marx Brothers movie...

... where they keep making everyone stand up and sit down over and over again at table, with a series of toasts?

CNET Forums