General discussion

The Heartbreak Of Abortion

Some guys do care, strongly, it seems. Yes, it's their child too. Also noted this is in Britain, where they prefer killings to be done with knives instead of guns. Such a tragedy, for all 3 of them.

"A soldier preparing to serve in
Afghanistan stabbed his ex-girlfriend to death after he hacked into her
Facebook account to find she had aborted their unborn baby, a jury was
told today.Lance
Corporal Ian Lowe, 25, kicked down the door to Leanne McNuff's home in
Droylsden, Greater Manchester, before repeatedly knifing her...On
Valentine's Day, Miss McNuff learned that she was pregnant with Lowe's
baby and she rang him at his barracks in Catterick, North Yorkshire, where
he was serving in 1st Battalion, the Duke of Lancaster Regiment.'She
made it clear that, although she didn't want to resume a relationship
with him, she would not prevent him from seeing the baby when it was
born.... February 20, Miss McNuff went in secret to an abortion clinic for a consultation. She terminated the unborn baby on March 1."
Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: The Heartbreak Of Abortion
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: The Heartbreak Of Abortion
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sounds like a relationship that was going nowhere

and that they may have had all the makings of irresponsible parenthood as well. Two lives gone and a messed up one remains for someone else to take care of.

- Collapse -
I hear nothing of the girl's father

I suppose she's from another one parent family. Don't know about the young man. What's lacking is any teaching for those deprived of a full family experience what it actually entails, what it's supposed to be. Teaching abstinence until marriage would solve most of these problems, just as it did in the past. This current world order considers itself to be wise, but in truth have become fools.

- Collapse -
RE: Teaching abstinence until marriage

Teaching abstinence until marriage would solve most of these problems, just as it did in the past.

When did the past become the present, in your mind?

So everything just changed overnight?

You go to sleep and it's your version of a perfect world...you wake up in the morning and you don't recognize the place?

"The Church is 200 years out of date,"

This led him to say condoms could help fight AIDS, women should be ordained deacons and civil unions for homosexual couples could be accepted. He also said the growing number of divorced and remarried Catholics should not longer be excluded from receiving the Eucharist.

- Collapse -
(NT) thanks for agreeing?
- Collapse -
civil unions for homosexuals?

You're welcome.

- Collapse -
(NT) just the abstinence part
- Collapse -
(NT) Wearing a condom is abstinence?
- Collapse -
(NT) Cherry-picking again, James? or just Twisting. Rob
- Collapse -
(NT) We taught my son that birth control was his responsibility.
- Collapse -
That's how guys show they care?

They kill someone?

- Collapse -
seemingly

she killed someone too. People react when you kill their child.

- Collapse -
RE: People react when you kill their child.

Right HE wanted to kill the child himself.

Lowe, who was on bail at the time for allegedly trying to throttle Miss McNuff while she was still

- Collapse -
(NT) still pregnant
- Collapse -
All part of the new morality

leaves confusion in it's wake. And death.

- Collapse -
leaves confusion in it's wake

In your mind, in this case, YES!

You think he killed her because she aborted the baby, I think he killed her because he didn't want anyone else to be with her.

- Collapse -
(NT) see, confusion
- Collapse -
Like I said on your part.

Explain YOUR logic.

Tell us why he would try and choke her to death WHILE pregnant, and then kill her because she had an abortion.

In your world you can choke a pregnant women to death and call an ambulance to take the body to a hospital; and have the fetus removed?

You don't have to call an ambulance, choke her while in the hospital parking lot and just drag her in?

- Collapse -
Eye for an eye James?

You seem to be justifying his actions.

- Collapse -
pointing out the obvious

no endorsement was given.

- Collapse -
Don't think it was "justice" for any

killing of his baby.

Kniving, stomping her face, leaving for dead............

And tried to strangle her in the past.

It sounds more like a rage against someone than a punishment for "murder". Probably a control freak, can stand a woman not kissing his feet.

- Collapse -
Only to James do two wrongs make a right.

And yes James, I think Abortion is a terrible form of birth control. However I do not think that I have the right to foist my views on the person who may have to care for the child alone. It's her body.

Birth Control and Plan B should be widely and easily available. And debating that Plan B is abortion is splitting hairs. Failure to implant is the single greatest obstacle not to conception, but to being able to get pregnant. It occurs naturally in a significant percentage of cases. I don't recall the statistics but I do recall it being surprisingly high. Plan B merely ensures that the conceptus does not implant. I am unwilling to call a Blastocyst a human life. It is a potential human life with a myriad of hurdles to overcome before it does become a human life.

Anything that does away with late term abortion, or abortion entirely, is to be welcomed in my opinion. Sadly, human beings are not well disciplined or well behaved people who make invariably good ethical decisions in moments of fear and crisis. I accompanied two women through their decision process, and the aftermath of it (neither child was mine) and that led me to re-think my knee-jerk Abortion is OK position.

Rob

- Collapse -
Oh, and an utterly appalling story which only James could

see as positive. What was that "I" word that usually springs so quickly to mind with James posts? Irrational, yeah, but that's not it. Indefensible, yeah, but it was something else, Revolting, no, that's true but the "I" was at the beginning, Incredible, well certainly he lacks credibility, but that's not it. Give me a minute, I'll come up with it.

Rob

- Collapse -
Got any more

personal attacks I mean? No other forum would tolerate you. I'm surprised this one does.

CNET Forums