General discussion

The file or folder is corrupt and unreadable ???

Today all of a sudden, I am facing this problem. Whenever I'm running Google Chrome (which is my default browser) or just logged on to my laptop, I am getting this pop-ups that show this message .

Initially, I thought it may due to some virus or something, so I scanned my computer with McAfee Enterprise. Then scanned with Malwarebytes to look for malwares. In both cases, no infection/virus was found. I also uninstalled Chrome & then reinstalled, but that still did not work.

So, I opted-out for the last resort, I went back to a previous restore point from last year so that there would be no problem whatsoever. Now after that, I still get these pop-up messages. While typing this question, I've received the pop-up more than 5 times. Just to mention, I've tried to resolve the issue from Microsoft (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/176646)
That did not work either.

So, PLEASE anyone help me out what this issue is & how should I resolve the problem.

Thanks

[http://bit.ly/bNChno]

PS - I've tried what the pop-up showed as the very first solution. Then I opted-out for the other help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: The file or folder is corrupt and unreadable ???
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: The file or folder is corrupt and unreadable ???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The file or folder is corrupt and unreadable .

Did you checked after executing the command chkdsk /f and after restarting the pc did the Chkdsk command ran and found any errors?

- Collapse -
Re: Re: The file or folder is corrupt and unreadable.

Well, I tried that several times, but because it didn't work, I asked for help.

Nevertheless, I partially resolved the problem by restoring back to a previous backed-up date.

CNET Forums

Forum Info