Question

The Drive of ADS1220

Good morning,all
I would like to ask you some advice about ADS1220 here.
As we know, The ADS1220 is a precision, 24-bit, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that offers many integrated features to reduce system cost and component count in applications measuring small sensor signals. The device features two differential or four single-ended inputs through a flexible input multiplexer (MUX), a low-noise, programmable gain amplifier (PGA), two programmable excitation current sources, a voltage reference, an oscillator, a low-side switch, and a precision temperature sensor . What’s more,The device can perform conversions at data rates up to 2000 samples-per-second (SPS) with single-cycle settling. At 20 SPS, the digital filter offers simultaneous 50-Hz and 60-Hz rejection for noisy industrial applications. The internal PGA offers gains up to 128 V/V. This PGA makes the ADS1220 ideally-suited for applications measuring small sensor signals, such as resistance temperature detectors (RTDs), thermocouples, thermistors, and resistive bridge sensors. The device supports measurements of pseudo- or fully-differential signals when using the PGA. Alternatively, the device can be configured to bypass the internal PGA while still providing high input impedance and gains up to 4 V/V, allowing for single-ended measurements.
At present, The MCU I used is freescale ZVH128 while spi is used to drive ADS1220. The buad rate of spi I set is 1M. The SPI outputted signal is normal as well as the SCK signal when I observe it by oscilloscope. But The return signal of ADS1220 can’t be read out. What troubles occurred? I have review it and read its data-sheet several times. I don’t know how to solve it.
Could anyone here help me? Thanks a million.

PS: I have linked the datasheet into ADS1220,please have a look if needed.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: The Drive of ADS1220
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: The Drive of ADS1220
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info