General discussion

The Download.com website is slow, cluttered and noisy

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I think that it's time you guys need to change the look and feel of the entire website. The current website looks so crowded and spammy and out of date. It's the age of always-on, internet-on-the-go... The website takes ages to load. I wonder if the site is mobile friendly even.. Even after refreshing the browser, it takes a lot of time for the blue circle in the browser favicon area to stop rotating. All I wanted to do was download a photo viewing and/or editing software. But, I first need to wait until the page loads. Then, I saw the article regarding Microsoft Build 2015. I thought of reading it. I click on it and it keeps loading... I would have wanted to contact a helpdesk section of Cnet's Download.com website. However, I couldn't find a link. Therefore, I'm posting this as a forum topic... Please help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: The Download.com website is slow, cluttered and noisy
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: The Download.com website is slow, cluttered and noisy
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What Web Browser

do you use ? I use Firefox with Adblock Plus and everything loads quickly.
Maybe you have too much going on and your computer is slow.

Digger

- Collapse -
download

It's also possible that download.com is a very very popular download site and therefore many many are downloading at the same time. Because of that, download.com is that much slower.

- Collapse -
Don't use it then.

Go to ninite.com instead. You won't get any malware if you do.

CNET Forums