Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

The difference between Zen Vision and Vision M?

by nickelpat / May 21, 2006 8:24 AM PDT

I'm looking for a new MP3 player big enough to hold all my WMA's easily and has at least an FM tuner. Creative is the brand i trust the most. One of my definite options is the 8 GB Zen Microphoto.

Thing is i've become interested of the Vision series because of it's ability to play videos. The M series is $100 cheaper than the regular one, but the screen is only 2.5 inches. The regular one has a 3.5 widescreen which is more my fit for watching portable videos and movies and is more expensive. The price isn't a big deal to me cause i have enough, but is that and the bigger widescreen the only difference between the M and the regular one.

Help me please.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The difference between Zen Vision and Vision M?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The difference between Zen Vision and Vision M?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The..
by b1rd / May 21, 2006 10:38 PM PDT

M as you stated has 2.5" screen while Zen Vision has 3.5".

The Zen Vision has limited viewing angles, crappy video battery life, and lower resolution on movies then the M. Not to mention it is a thick and very large beast.

The M on the other hand has a frusterating touch pad and black version scratches and smudges like no tommorow.

All the Zen Vision has going for it is, its removeable battery, its CompactFlash slot and bigger screen.

The Zen Vision: M is really a miniature *suped* up version of the Zen Vision. They created a new video player based on everyones complaints and the con list for it is actually hard to make.

Collapse -
Oh and two more things..
by b1rd / May 21, 2006 10:41 PM PDT
Collapse -
ZVM seems to be jack of all trades
by Akimo / May 22, 2006 1:07 AM PDT

but in the end it is up to you and your budget...
Speaking of which there is quite a good deal on Zen Vision M at Fry's.
Essentially Zen Vision M is a better version of Zen Vision with more codecs and improved screen but slimmed down (screen size and CF adapter is gone).
My advise is: if you want to use it for showing and downloading photos from your digital camera that uses Compact Flash - then get Zen Vision.
Otherwise get Zen Vision M: it is more portable, plays back divx and xvid and is cheaper.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.