General discussion

the cookies lol

With his last moments on earth, an old man is replaying his favorite rounds of golf in his head.
He remembers when he was first married, how he came home from the course one day to the most wonderful chocolate chip cookies.

It'd been years since his wife had baked them for him, but as he lay there, gasping for each breath, he was sure he could smell those cookies. Crawling out of bed, he dragged himself down the stairs and into the kitchen where he finds--oh, joy!-his wife with a big platter of his favorite, freshly baked cookies.

With his last bit of strength, he is slowly reaching out for one when she slaps his hand.

"Don't touch those" she orders. "They're for the funeral"

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: the cookies lol
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: the cookies lol
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Groan!!!!!!!!!
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) GOT MILK?
- Collapse -
On a slightly serious note ...

... I don't know what happened when I got married, but the only things I've baked in the past ten years have been one batch of Christmas cookies and a few batches of brownies over the years. I used to bake a lot. My chocolate cake was so good my friend used the recipe for her wedding cake, and my apple pie is legendary in the family. My poor husband, somehow I just never get around to making any of these things he has heard such raves about. It's become a running joke between us Wink

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
yummy

i make a mean ice cream cake but im adicted to ice cream i dont have it in the house.

- Collapse -
Ice cream addiction!

I confess to have been supporting a 3+ gallon habit per week!..always the good stuff too. When it went on sale, I'd stock up. I'd never had a chol check until the end of last year. I got a call from the doc to some in and discuss things. Bad news! LDL was way high. Good news! HDL was 103. I had to fess up to my addiction and went cold turkey off the ice cream. Doc suggested yogurt... Blaahh..no way I'll eat anything with live microbes skinny dipping in my desert.Happy I've been "clean" for a month now.Grin

- Collapse -
Another solution ...

... get an ice cream maker and make your own w/o sugar. I make a wicked butter pecan and my cholesterol has never been better Wink I'm a low carber though.

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You should make him something for Valentine's Day!
- Collapse -
Nah ...

... that's another running joke with us. We boycott Valentine's Day. It's gotten to the point that my baking something for him would ruin the fun of the long running joke Wink

Evie Happy

CNET Forums

Forum Info