Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The Clinton's?From Your Vietnam Era Veterans.

by taboma / October 15, 2007 4:05 PM PDT

Bill & Hillary Clinton, Circa 1970

BILL CLINTON's MILITARY CAREER

Bill Clinton registers for the draft on September 08, 1964, accepting all contractual conditions of registering for the draft. Selective Service Number is 3 26 46 228.

Bill Clinton classified 2-S on November 17, 1964.

Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on March 20, 1968.

Bill Clinton ordered to report for induction on July 28, 1969.

Bill Clinton refuses to report and is not inducted into the military.

Bill Clinton reclassified 1-D after enlisting in the United States Army Reserves on August 07, 1969, under authority of COL. E. Holmes.

Clinton signs enlistment papers and takes oath of enlistment. Bill Clinton fails to report to his duty station at the University of Arkansas ROTC, September 1969.

Bill Clinton reclassified 1- A on October 30, 1969, as enlistment with Army Reserves is revoked by Colonel E. Holmes and Clinton now AWOL and subject to arrest under Public Law 90-40 (2)(a) registrant who has failed to report...remain liable for induction.

Bill Clinton's birth date lottery number is 311, drawn December 1, 1969, but anyone who has already been ordered to report for induction is INELIGIBLE !

Bill Clinton runs for Congress (1974), while a fugitive from justice under Public Law 90-40.

Bill Clinton runs for Arkansas Attorney General (1976), while a
Fugitive from justice.
Bill Clinton receives pardon on January 21, 1977, from President Carter.
Bill Clinton becomes the FIRST PARDONED FEDERAL FELON ever to serve as President of the United States.
All these facts come from Freedom of Information requests, public laws, and various books that have been published, and have not been refuted by Clinton.

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.
After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S.
Military personnel, Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. Military personnel, Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1998 bombing of U.S. Embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000 Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U.S. Sailors, Clinton promised that those responsible be hunted down and punished.

Maybe if Clinton had kept those promises, an estimated 3,000 people in New York and Washington, DC. Who are now dead would be alive today.

THINK ABOUT IT! It is a strange turn of events. Hillary gets $8
Million for her forthcoming memoir. Bill gets about $12 Million for his memoir yet to be written. This from two people who spent 8 years being unable to recall anything about past events while under oath.

Sincerely, Cdr. Hamilton McWhorter USN (ret)

Kind of interesting info to read about.
(Do we don't want this woman to even THINK of running for President!)

This was sent to me from a female inlisted USN woman who served eight years on the high seas during the Viet Nam period.
I am only passing it on for your review.

I can read why Cdr. Hamilton McWhorter USN (ret) is upset.

-kevin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Clinton's?From Your Vietnam Era Veterans.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Clinton's?From Your Vietnam Era Veterans.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
gotta love Snopes
by jonah jones / October 15, 2007 9:20 PM PDT

That Bill Clinton went to great lengths to avoid the Vietnam-era draft, that he used political connections to obtain special favors, and that he made promises and commitments which he later failed to honor, are all beyond dispute. However, the timeline quoted above jumps the tracks when it labels Clinton a "felon," because none of his actions, no matter how unethical or morally reprehensible, were illegal. When Clinton agreed in July of 1969 to enter the advanced ROTC program at the University of Arkansas, his draft board rescinded his induction notice and reclassified him with a reservist's deferment. That he later changed his mind in October 1969 and opted to forego the ROTC program and be reclassified 1-A did not constitute a "failure to report" or make him "AWOL," because he was not due to begin ROTC training until the summer of 1970, and he had the ROTC director's permission to return to England in the meanwhile. At the time of his 1-A re-classification in October 1969 the previous induction notice was no longer in effect, and he was not subsequently re-drafted.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/felon.asp

Collapse -
It's so reassuring to know that, even as a young man, Bill
by Kiddpeat / October 15, 2007 11:34 PM PDT
In reply to: gotta love Snopes

Clinton was thoroughly immoral and untrustworthy. His word was not his bond, and he used and abused those who tried to help him.

Now, consider one more thing in light of this knowledge. His wife chose to marry him. What does that say about her judgement?

Collapse -
Internet nonsense
by gearup / October 15, 2007 10:21 PM PDT

I dont get this kind of junk in my email very often. But when I do I recognize it for what it is and dont pass it on in any form as I feel doing so is an insult to the intelligence of the recipients whether in a forum like this or via email!

Collapse -
There all international know sources
by Dango517 / October 15, 2007 11:01 PM PDT

The junk is the first one.

Collapse -
Here you'll like this one better.
by Dango517 / October 15, 2007 11:10 PM PDT
Collapse -
Why I am locking this.
by Angeline Booher / October 15, 2007 11:44 PM PDT

I get such emails from well-meaning friends.

My first step is to check the validity of the information (Snopes, Myth Busters, etc.)

IMO, it is a disservice to our country spread half-truths, innuendoes, false perceptions and interpretations, etc.

This is the 4th different "Do you want this woman to become president?" I have seen.

I don't approve of such emails about ANY candidate. IMO, supporters of all candidates should spend their time on the positives of those they support. (I got the vicious one about McCain during the last go-round.)

This under-the-radar muck is not new. But it used to come via snail mail, or flyers in the mailbox.

But not in the volume it does via email.

This is a political post, and I will be removing it after you see why.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?